RE300 - Daily Logging Out of Sites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-07 10:08:55
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

I recently bought an Archer C7 router which I use in Access Point mode to boost the wifi from my crappy Sky router. I also bought an RE300 to extend the signal into my office as my PC wasn't getting a good signal.

This all works fine, but I am getting logged out of certain sites daily. For example Hotmail. I check the box to keep me logged in, but every day I need to sign back in. I also have 2 factor enabled so I need to use my authenticator app every single day as well. It happens with other sites that I use the authenticator with too. My tv in the bedroom (which also uses the RE300) also needs to sign up to the internet every time I turn it on.

Do you have any ideas why this would be happening?

Options
3 Reply
Re:RE300 - Daily Logging Out of Sites
2020-07-08 07:33:02

@Beedex 

Hello,

This issue may not on the Internet side.

You can check the settings of your browser, it may have settings that limited the login information of your account.

For the TV, you need to check if you enabled an option to automatically associate with other WIFI networks? If so, you can try to disable it, and keep the connection to the range extender.

Hope it can work and have a nice day!

Options
2020-07-08 08:34:14

@Solla-topee Thanks, but i'm pretty certain it isn't a browser issue. I use Chrome for personal stuff and Firefox for work related stuff. It happens on both browsers. This only started happening when I got the 2 TP-Link products, so I feel like I need to change an option somewhere with one of those?

Options
2020-07-09 10:13:35

@Beedex You get log out for some sites, it seems to be related to the settings on your browser or the website security policy.

You may try to clear all the history or cookies/cache on your browser, then login and save the authentication, check the results.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 475

Replies: 3

Related Articles