Archer A6 US version - no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-09 01:36:05 - last edited 2020-07-09 03:31:15
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20190923 rel.63745(5553)

Hi,

i bought this A6 router just 3 days ago. it was working nicely and internet speed feels faster. However, this morning (thursday 9 July) the internet is disconnected (not really actually because from the screenshot, I can see that there is an IP for the router). i check the ISP and they have refreshed my modem and other things. the service in my area is fine no problem. the LED is showing red (or dark orange) telling that internet is not connected. When I setup the router last Sunday, it asked for firmware upgrade so I did, unfortunately I do not know the version of the firmware (I just put this version of firmware to the router https://www.tp-link.com/id/support/download/archer-a6/#Firmware latest is version 19.09.23, can be seen in the screenshot below, but it did not work either). I need this to be resolved as quick as possible because we are now working at home and need stable internet connection for meetings and telecon. I think it happens for both frequency. I can connect to router but no internet. Thank you. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer A6 US version - no internet connection
2020-07-09 05:53:55

@Catoer 

Hello,

May I know who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? If you connect the computer to the modem with an Ethernet cable directly, do you have internet access, and how about the IP address you can get on the computer?

Please try to reset the router to factory defaults and log into its web UI, then follow the instructions below to set up the internet again:

What should I do if I cannot access the internet through Wi-Fi router?

May it help.

Options
2020-07-09 07:00:13

@Kevin_Z 

hi Kevin,

i am using firstmedia here. they lock the MAC address from the first connection and since I dont have computer with ethernet cable and change MAC address of the computer, I can't do the test you requested. But now I am using the same ISP, modem, but different router and old TP Link TL-WR840N. I am checking with this router and the IP address is different (see screenshot below). i did reset the router back to factory setup and try to read previous threads on A6 and tried the possible solutions, but it just didn't work. the modem is Arris model CM820B.

Options
2020-07-09 08:42:03

@Catoer 

Hello,

From what you describe, it seems that there is a MAC limitation on your ISP side, please try to ask them to release the previous MAC and bind the new MAC, then check again if the WAN IP will be normal on the A6.

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-09 09:19:22
Hi, out of nowhere, the router works now.. i didn't do anything so far, only updating the firmware as I describe earlier. i just hope that the router will not acting strange again in coming days. But I will try to ask the IPS to release the old MAC and bind the new one..
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1131

Replies: 4

Related Articles