td-w8968(EU) v4 PPOE connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-09 09:09:52
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 151229 Rel.30697

hi im from india ..i have a tplink td-w8968 v4 which i was using with an adsl connection from bsnl...now i have switched to railwire FTTH connection and configured the device to work as a wifi router.....the connection from the ONT is given to the LAN4/WAN port of the device...the configuration works and im able to use internet once i hit confirm at the end....but the pronlem is this works only for the first time....if the connection drops or the power fails and modem restarts, it is not automatically reconnecting ....i have to again go through the quicksetup click next next and confirm to reconnect the internet....the username password everything is already there as i typed before...but its just not reconnecting automatically once connection fails......i have attached a screen shot of the configuration page above......when i googled about the issue i have seen some modems having this "always on" or "automatic redial" feature in the configuration page....but i cant find that anywhere in this modem....is there any solution to keep the connection always on

this is the model

https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/download/td-w8968/v4/#Firmware

this is the user guide

https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/B1-h%2Bg62SGS.pdf

but i cant find anything that could help me

Options
1 Reply
Re: td-w8968(EU) v4 PPOE connection problem
2020-07-10 08:53:10 - last edited 2020-07-10 08:56:29

@nava46 

Hello,

Did you have a stable connection from the ONT? Please connect your computer to the ONT then check if it has a stable connection.

When it loses the Internet, if you didn't go through the quick setup, just wait for the router to recover the Internet,are you able to get the Internet finally? 

If it can recover without go through the quick setup, how long did you need to wait?

You can also try to unplug the cable from LAN4/WAN port or reboot the router when it loses the Internet, then check if it can recover the Internet immediately.

Have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 890

Replies: 1