Deco M4, cant setup DDNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4, cant setup DDNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4, cant setup DDNS
Deco M4, cant setup DDNS
2020-07-09 15:39:51 - last edited 2020-07-30 08:38:41
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Hello

I have problem with setup DDNS on my M4.

I have router from my ISP, and Deco conected to him, so my Deco dont have public IP.

Deco have adres 192.168.8.xxx and devices conected to Deco 192.168.68.xxx

I turn on DDNS in deco app, but its not work, i cant reach my devices from xxxxx.tplinkdns.com:xxxx (ofc i forwarded ports too)

i asume that i have to doing somethink on my first router (from my ISP), but idk what..., 

can some1 help me, pls :)

ty in advance

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4, cant setup DDNS-Solution
2020-07-30 08:38:16 - last edited 2020-07-30 08:38:41

@rkarolek 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

You are correct, you need to do port forwarding on your front-end router for the Deco as well, may I know the model of it? It is suggested to contact the modem/router support to get some suggestions.

Or you may try to change the front-end modem/router into bridge mode and dial up on the main Deco directly, which may allow you to get a public IP address on the main Deco and there will be no need to do port forwarding on that bridge modem anymore.

May this helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4, cant setup DDNS-Solution
2020-07-30 08:38:16 - last edited 2020-07-30 08:38:41

@rkarolek 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

You are correct, you need to do port forwarding on your front-end router for the Deco as well, may I know the model of it? It is suggested to contact the modem/router support to get some suggestions.

Or you may try to change the front-end modem/router into bridge mode and dial up on the main Deco directly, which may allow you to get a public IP address on the main Deco and there will be no need to do port forwarding on that bridge modem anymore.

May this helps.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1997

Replies: 1