Archer AX1800 lan port limited to 100Mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX1800 lan port limited to 100Mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
28 Reply
Re:Archer AX1800 lan port limited to 100Mbps
2022-05-16 17:19:59

@Kevin_Z 

Hello.

Thanks for getting back to me. I have tested with two other devices that both have gigabit ports, and the result is the same. They only connect with 100/100Mbps.

Options
2022-05-19 07:02:15

Hello.

I think I might have found the issue. It seems the two cables I tested with have suffered some damage, and as a result does not connect with all 4 pairs, hence giving only 100/100. This is a cable I had been using only a week prior with full speed, so I made the assumption it was working fine, which I apologize for. 

I found an unused cable which immediately provided me with 1Gb to my test laptop as well as a secondary device, so the router is perfectly fine, and the issue is located at my equipment end. 

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this situation, and once again apologies for taking up your time.

Options
2022-05-30 15:40:06

@copyrght 

hello,

I am having the very same issue as you and others here. I have 1000mbps on the WAN port but only 100mbps on LAN. I set to force negotiation to 1000mbps but there is no LAN options.

This just started about a week or so ago. I've changed cables to try several cat5e but all of them have the same issue. There was a firmware update earlier when I first noticed the problem is in the router but after updating I still am limited to 100mbps

Options
2022-06-01 02:37:56

SyntheticFlow wrote

@copyrght 

hello,

I am having the very same issue as you and others here. I have 1000mbps on the WAN port but only 100mbps on LAN. I set to force negotiation to 1000mbps but there is no LAN options.

This just started about a week or so ago. I've changed cables to try several cat5e but all of them have the same issue. There was a firmware update earlier when I first noticed the problem is in the router but after updating I still am limited to 100mbps

@SyntheticFlow Is the WAN Negotiation Speed still displaying 1000Mbps? If that is the case, please take out the cable that is used between the modem and the AX1800 WAN, and connect it from the AX1800 LAN to the client device, then confirm if the speed is 1000Mbps.

BTW, what is the device connected to the AX1800 LAN? It's suggested to test with other gigabit devices if possible.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-06-02 18:48:42

@Kevin_Z 

How on Earth am I going to check my internet speed without the modem attached? This advice makes no sense. I have been having no troubles with 1000mbps speed using this router for months. It only stopped working a week or two ago and I just figured out the router is the problem a couple of days ago. I connected my old TP-Link AC1750 router and everything is back to 1000mbps using that router. The only thing is, I replaced that router with this one for the WiFi 6 because the old one doesn't handle traffic worth a damn. 

Anyway, If you have a reasonable solution that makes sense, please let me know. I think I'm just going to buy an industrial grade router next month and put consumer grade equipment in my rearview mirror forever. What I'm positive about, is that I will not be buying any TP-Link routers in the future. Control options are extremely limited and the routers clearly aren't capable of handling the amount of devices in a modern household. I don't even have many IoT things in my home (maybe 20 at any given time) and this is the second TP-Link router that stopped doing it's job after a few months. 

Options
2022-06-07 03:25:49

@SyntheticFlow 

What I was trying to suggest is we may check if the WAN or LAN negotiation speed is limited to 100Mbps on the AX1800 web GUI when it is still connected to the modem via WAN. When you login to its web page, you can find that as follows:

How we can check the negotiation speed of Ethernet ports on TP-Link Wireless Router?

If you have already done the basic troubleshooting suggestions we provided here, we would like to escalate the case to the support engineers to help analyze further and provide a reasonable solution once the issue is confirmed:

What if my LAN speed is capped at 100 Mbps

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-12-01 17:16:30

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, I have been facing the same issue for several weeks now. I have tried everything mentioned in the thread but it is of no help. Can you please help me out with this?

This has been causing a lot of issues for my WFH.

Options
2022-12-02 05:48:55

Nikhilesh wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, I have been facing the same issue for several weeks now. I have tried everything mentioned in the thread but it is of no help. Can you please help me out with this?

This has been causing a lot of issues for my WFH.

@Nikhilesh 

Hi, if you still encounter an issue with the speed, which is capped at 100 Mbps when connecting to the TP-Link router, please check the troubleshooting suggestions we provided here, and report back with the results and detailed information, such as what are the client devices that you are testing the speed, what is the Internet and LAN negotiation speed displayed on the router page, etc.:

[Troubleshooting] Speed limit to 100 Mbps

Options
2022-12-02 08:06:53 - last edited 2022-12-02 08:13:43

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Please find the description below:-

Model: Archer AX23 v1.20

Troubleshooting
I have changed the Negotiation Speed to 1000 mbps full duplex, but that doesn't change the lan port speed.
I have tried with different ethernet cables such as Cat 5E, 6 and 7. So the ethernet cable shouldn't be a problem.
Resetted the Router through software/admin page and also performed a hard rest, with the reset button.
Tested by replacing with my old Archer C7 V2, and I get Gigabit speeds from that using the same cables and adapters.

Options
2022-12-02 08:16:32

@Nikhilesh 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

Can you please confirm what is the device that connects to the LAN 1 port? Is it a computer?

Try to test with the other 3 three LAN ports, try with another computer or device if possible.

Options
Related Articles