Deco X20 constantly disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X20 constantly disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
Re:Deco X20 constantly disconnecting
2021-07-10 12:55:40

@gumgum I have the issue too with the two satellites. They arrived yesterday, first unit as router works fine, but both satellites disconnect after about a minute. No internet, devices flash red. I updated to the latest firmware 1.0.9

Have powered off the satellites for now because I need internet.

Options
2021-07-10 23:38:29

@varunsood1 How did you arrange for a senior engineer? I just get stuck with front line support from Philippines :(

Options
2021-07-12 02:11:43

@Ali-B 

Hi,

Could you please help me check the following information:

1. when satellite Deco units turn red, will rebooting both units make them back to green, or they would come back to green later automatically?

2.How often did this issue repeat?

As for the network topology, are the two satellite Deco units connected to the main Deco via Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi?

And how about the signal source strengthen on the two satellite units, 2-3 bars or more?—it would be very appreciated that you could send me some pictures;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-07-12 06:58:14

@canucks4life I just emailed the technical team and they arranged it for me. Was quite smooth. They then took remote access and update the software on the decos .. no problem since.. 

Options
2021-07-13 13:50:29

@TP-Link Hello,

I will do testing when I get home from work. However, issue occurs whether the satellites are connected via cable or left on wifi. It happens continuously, I have never had any internet at all when any satellite is powered on. And can't ping my default gateway. For example in my kitchen, 2 meters from the main unit in my front room (through a wall) I get about 95% of my download speed according to speedtest. if I plug in a satellite in the kitchen a few feet away internet dies. This happens in every room I place a satellite. So I repeat, satellites have never worked, never stayed connected. But more details tonight.

Thanks for reaching out.

Ali-B

Options
2021-07-22 13:04:18 - last edited 2021-07-22 13:08:33

@TP-Link  I am having a similar issue to those mentioned and have tried all of the fixes recommended here.  Summarizing the issue below:

Current Setup and attempted fixes:

Have the Deco X20's set up as the following:

• (1) plugged in to the Fios Gateway Router with an ethernet cable acting as the main router for the house.  I disabled the wifi on the Verizon Router.  
  • (1) Located in my family room roughly 35 feet from the router location connected via Wifi, shows full strength connection. 
  • (1) Located in the upstairs gym roughly 35 feet from the router location connected via Wifi, shows full strength connection. 

I have updated and confirmed the latest firmware on each device. 

I have completely abandoned the system and reset everything to try again. 

I have power cycled each device in multiple different iterations when the problem occurs. 

I have Verizon Fios 1GB internet.  

I have roughly (30) lightbulbs connected, (5) amazon alexas, Ring system, Sonos system, (2) Desktops, (2) Laptops, (4) TV's all connected to the network.  But the issue only occurs when the below happens.  

The general issue:

Everything works just perfect, full coverage throughout the home good speeds (300-600mbps) no issues with dropped devices or "blips".  This is until both my wife and I start using our computers and laptops for work in the morning.  We both have new laptops and desktops that have no general issues if only one of us is using the wifi network at a time.  

What happens is that I get on my computer, everything is working fine all (2) hubs are green and the router has a stable connection.  My wife logs on and starts working and the problems occur.  The (2) hubs go flashing red and drop internet connection, sometimes the main router drops connection but only if the 2 hubs remain plugged in.  As soon as I unplug the (2) hubs the main router functions fine after a power cycle and doesn't drop a connection with everything working in the home (this is not ideal as its not a full strength connection for everything).   The (2) hubs after a power cycle will go green for 1-5 minutes then the problems just start over again.  

Current Workaround:

The only way I can get everything to function in the house is to unplug the (2) hubs, making them worthless and just deal with the less than ideal coverage of the single router unit.  

Would really appreciate any help I can get as this is very tough with both of us working from home.  Im tempted to return everything but I would really prefer not to have to set up a brand new wifi network again and connect all of the devices.  Please let me know if there are any suggestions!

Options
2021-07-23 02:09:33

@Wolfegang16 

Nice to see you again.

Please refer to the reply on the other thread.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-14 23:07:06

Just replaced my m9 plus with x20. On the m9 plus I had backhual running through Ethernet powerline adapters and that worked fine. After connecting x20 I hooked up the back haul same as one the m9 plus. The x20 satellite units started disconnecting. After some experimenting I discovered the x20 works fine without the backhaul. Don't know if the power line adapters are the problem. Just know that it doesn't work with them. 

Options
2022-01-08 16:46:33

@TP-Link_Deco 

I have a BT router set up to give DHCP etc but have turned off the WiFi. 

I have 2 x X20 Deco units one of which is connected to the router via. Ethernet. I have upgraded to latest firmware 2.10.4 and they are set up as access point. 

During the day, the deco units will frequently turn red for a few seconds and I have no WiFi access. They will then turn green and WiFi is then available.

This is really frustrating when it happens and it just seems to happen randomly. 

Options
2022-02-06 06:36:42
My x20 works fine with a hardwire Ethernet connection or with no Ethernet but won’t work with powerline Ethernet
Options
Related Articles