Video and Gaming Streaming issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-11 11:01:00
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 Build 20200221 Rel. 65392

Hi. Hoping someone can help.

I'm running three Deco M5's in access point mode with Virgin Media in the UK (using their latest hub and with 400MB broadband).  On a regular basis, we have issues when we are watching videos or playing computer games and things just hang.  This issue only happens when using the Deco's (i.e if I'm using my phone and change to using data rather than wifi, the issues doesn't happen).  The Deco's are showing good internet speed, so I don't think speed issue the issue.

Any advice??? thanks!!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Video and Gaming Streaming issues
2020-07-30 07:40:02

@Elmani 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

Please help verify more details and we will try to figure it out ASAP:

1. What is the current network topology/layout? How many Deco M5 do you have and how are they connected?

2. With your computer connected to the Virgin Media Hub directly, please verify the actual speed you can get via speedtest.net. Also, please confirm the wired link speed as the instruction below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Please then connect your computer to the main deco and test the speed you can get from it via speedtest.net as well and check the wired link speed.
Note: Please show us a screenshot of the speed test result.

3. When connected to the main Deco wireless network, test this speed as well. Then test the speed by connecting to the satellite Deco and verify the speed. If the speed is good but still hangs when watching a video or playing games, please try to disable mesh for that device and confirm again.

Additionally, please refer to the below troubleshooting to check the QoS settings on the Deco app again:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2429/#case%201  (Case 1)

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1520

Replies: 1

Related Articles