Access point only working on wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-13 08:31:53 - last edited 2020-07-27 07:51:34
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have had to set up my 841N as an AP, which worked previously, due to losing connection. I have followed many videos on TP-Link and youtube and thought I had cracked it but it will only work on wifi picking up my main router. I set up using a cat5 cable link but when i move to new position it does not work, so i have returned adjacent to the main router and it works without cat5 link on wireless. Can someone please help, its driving me insane now 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access point only working on wireless
2020-07-27 08:18:22

@RobB365 

May I know how do you want to connect this WR841N to your network, by an Ethernet cable or wirelessly?

If you want to connect it to the main router by an Ethernet cable, you may refer to the below instructions to configure it as a wireless access point:

How to configure the TP-Link 11N wireless router as Access Point?

BTW, what is the model number of your main router? Is it a wireless router or a modem?

Thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 548

Replies: 1

Related Articles