Deco M5 in Router Mode with Archer AC1600 as Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-13 11:21:52
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Is it possible to get a Deco M5 to work in Router mode while using an Archer AC1600 as the modem for a DSL line? As after several hours I have totally failed ot make it work. It'll work in AP mode but I never get internet in Router mode.

Cheers

M.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 in Router Mode with Archer AC1600 as Modem
2020-07-24 03:40:38

@Mives 

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you have some difficulties with the Deco M5. We can do further troubleshooting and try to fix it. 

1. What is the desired network topology/diagram? And what is the light status of the Deco M5 when you try to configure it in the Router mode? 

2. Per Archer AC1600, does it mean its model is VR600? Who is your ISP and is it PPPoE connection on that VR600? With your computer connected to the DSL modem directly, please check whether you can access the internet and the IP address obtained. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/ 

To do a comparison analysis, please connect your computer to the main Deco M5 and check this info as well. 

Meanwhile, try to power cycle the modem and the Deco M5 to give it a go

Besides, here is troubleshooting guidance you can refer to:

Fail to setup main Deco 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-07-29 09:50:21

Hi,

sorry missed your reply, it end up in my spam.

1. The topology is Internet - VR600 - M5 (just one, I only want the parental controls). The M5 lights followed the pattern expected until the end where it was unable to connect to the internet.

2. Yes it's a VR600. My ISP is Vodafone and pretty sure it is PPPoE. I can connect to the Internet fine using the VR600 although there was something strange in the setup. Setting up the VR600 my ISP wasn't an option so i did 'other', but I couldn't make that work, however setting my ISP as BT and entering the details worked fine so that seemed a bit odd. The https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/  link seems to be broken.

Thanks

M

Options
2020-07-30 07:19:34

Well there is another hour of my life gone.

Mives wrote

Hi,

sorry missed your reply, it end up in my spam.

1. The topology is Internet - VR600 - M5 (just one, I only want the parental controls). The M5 lights followed the pattern expected until the end where it was unable to connect to the internet.

2. Yes it's a VR600. My ISP is Vodafone and pretty sure it is PPPoE. I can connect to the Internet fine using the VR600 although there was something strange in the setup. Setting up the VR600 my ISP wasn't an option so i did 'other', but I couldn't make that work, however setting my ISP as BT and entering the details worked fine so that seemed a bit odd. The https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/  link seems to be broken.

Thanks

M

Still a solid red light and no internet. Time to get a router that works.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 970

Replies: 3

Related Articles