W9970 dropping internet once a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-13 17:39:25 - last edited 2020-07-14 06:34:11
Model: TD-W9970  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 0.9.1 v00a1.0 Build 191204 Rel.69554n

Dear All

recently bought Deco P9 and now added the W9970 router as I hoped this would improve functionality. P9 is set as access point.

W9970 auto rebooted every morning at 5 am    but router is at least dropping internet once a day.

Please advise if you have a vialble soltuion to fix the issue

Best wishes

Claus

Options
6 Reply
Re:W9970 dropping internet once a day
2020-07-14 09:52:57

@ClausT 

Hello,

Please help me to confirm the following information, thank you:

1. What is your network topology? And how many Deco P9 did you have?

2. Did your modem has a stable connection?

3. Did the modem only reboot at 5 am every day, other times are working well? 

Please refer to this link to check if you set a reboot schedule, if so, please disable it.

Step: web interface-->Advanced-->System Tools-->Reboot

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2190/

4. How did you find it has auto reboot? Is it any error information when it auto-reboot?

5. When did this issue happen?

6. When the router drops the Internet connection, what is the LED light status on the router? 

7. Will it recover the Internet automatically or need a reboot?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Options
2020-07-14 18:01:07

@Sunshine 

Please find my answers below

1. What is your network topology? And how many Deco P9 did you have?

A: 3 Deco P9 - one main connected 2 router via ethernet & slave

2. Did your modem has a stable connection?

A: Router has a stable internet connection

3. Did the modem only reboot at 5 am every day, other times are working well? 

A: I set auto reboot for router at 5 am every day. Without internet speed, not from ISP but within my house, is dropping by 80 - 90%

Please refer to this link to check if you set a reboot schedule, if so, please disable it.  

A: as described above without reboot internet speed dropping overnight. tested severel times!

Step: web interface-->Advanced-->System Tools-->Reboot

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2190/

4. How did you find it has auto reboot? Is it any error information when it auto-reboot?

A: again as above, I set schedule for auto reboot in the W9970 advanced settings 

5. When did this issue happen?

A: Since I upgraded to W9970 from my ISP technicolour 2 weeks ago. you can imagine that I am not overly happy right now as it apears that W9970 and Deco P9 not working well together

6. When the router drops the Internet connection, what is the LED light status on the router? 

A: Router not dropping internet connection and lights stay green. 3 Deco's dropping internet WIFI and Ethernet and lights turn red

7. Will it recover the Internet automatically or need a reboot?

A: requires reboot    especially during the day while working !  

Options
2020-07-15 08:27:27

@Sunshine 

Further to yesterdays response.......

connection issues becoming really frustrating for me trying to work from home and our kids doing school work.

as a last resort I now have configured the W9970 to bridge mode and the Deco p9 to operation mode router.

on a serious note Deco P9 and or W9970 have not provided the stable connections as expected. 

If issues remain and cannot be fixed by TP's support I will have not further option to replace equipment from a more reliable manufacturer. Shame funds have to come out of my pocket and you will understand that I will share my experience on reviews and different platforms helping other users not to make the same mistake as I and purchase products from TP.

Kind regards

Claus

Options
2020-07-17 05:53:59

@ClausT 

Hi, for your issue, I would like to confirm something first.

Please don't worry. We will try our best to identify and solve the issue.

Your topology is Modem Router W9970------Deco1-------Deco2-----Deco3(three decos are used as Access Point mode) right?

May I know which line is connected to W9970? Telephone line, right?

The modem Router W9970 has the stable internet connection but the decos don't, right? How can you check? 

When the issue happens, the lights' status on the three decos are solid red, right?

You require reboot the modem router W9970 to recover the internet of Deco P9?

Since you said you set auto reboot at 5AM every morning on the W9970 to recover internet. 

Now, you have tried to make the W9970 to bridge mode and the Deco P9 to operation mode router. But, the internet is still unstable. 

The lights' status on the three Deco P9 is still red?

Please open Deco APP and click on internet icon on APP, then click on the three Decos separately, please send me the whole screenshots of them so that I can check the firmware version, MAC address, signal source of them.

Your reply would be much appreciated.

Options
2020-07-17 14:34:51
HI Sunny Sorry that I have to ask, but have you actually read my previous message??? If you would have you should not have ask me about the setup of the W9970 and Deco P9. As your products, you are not providing me with great comfort! so again, W9970 set to bridge mode Main Deco P9 set to router and 2 further P9 attached Main Deco attached to router and again thank you for your lat question Quote: W9970 no longer auto reboot as in bridge mode Deco lights turn red when internet connection is lost your last question has already been answered W9970 set to bridge mode - see my message from Wednesday update to latest firmware available but here are the version codes Main Deco MAC 74-DA-88-AB-14-22 IP 192.168.68.1 Firmware Version 1.1.0 Build 20200513 Rel 52023 2nd Deco MAC 74-DA-88-AB-12-E4 IP 192.168.68.110 Firmware Version 1.1.0 Build 20200513 Rel 52023 3rd Deco MAC 74-DA-88-AB-OC-C6 IP 192.168.68.103 Firmware Version 1.1.0 Build 20200513 Rel 52023 I look forward to hearing from you Claus
Options
2020-07-24 09:38:03

@Sunny

Any update on this matter as the issue is re occuring on a daily basis.

Problem is connected to the W9970 in bridge mode and requires daily reboot.

This situatioin is no longer acceptable and therefore could you please provide me with the contact details of your complaints department as I wish to escalate this matter.

Should I not hear from you by the end of next week I will automatically conatct the UK Ombusman for their intervention.

Claus Trabold

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 993

Replies: 6