IMAP port 993 blocked after installing Deco X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IMAP port 993 blocked after installing Deco X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
80 Reply
Re:IMAP port 993 blocked after installing Deco X60
2020-08-05 12:34:26

@Dutchie 

Hi, glad to hear that it works, congrats.^_^

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day.

Options
2020-08-11 13:03:50

@sunday9pm I am having the identical issue, what was the resolution?  Thank you.

Options
2020-08-11 23:21:45

@ARegularGuy - I've had the problem happen a second time.  On my MacBook Pro laptop, I find if I turn off WiFi, and then turn it back on, the problem gets resolved. AFAIK, I've only had the problem occur twice.  The TP-Link support has offered to work with me on the problem, but since I can't reproduce the problem on demand, i didn't think it would be productive to work with them on the issue.

In any case, I would be interested if you find that turning WiFi off then on again clears the problem for you.

Thanks,

David

Options
2020-08-12 12:22:28
That's interesting as I have the exact same setup, including the MacBook Pro. Indeed turning WiFi on and off reconnected all of the IMAP blocked accounts; thank you very much for the tip. As an additional point of clarification, the only accounts that get blocked are in the Mac Mail application; Outlook accounts continue running fine. Perhaps I'll try to setup a personal mail account in Outlook just to see if it continues running when blocked in Mac Mail. Thanks again for the tip, much appreciated.
Options
2020-08-12 19:15:52

@ARegularGuy - I'm glad it was helpful.  I also ran into this issue with the Mac Mail application, as that is the only email client I use.

Thanks,

David

Options
2020-08-12 19:46:06 - last edited 2020-08-12 19:48:41

@sunday9pm Have the same problem. No access to gmail IMAP through Mac Mail on either of two very different macbooks (different owners) after installing Deco X60, unless turning off HomeCare. Needs a solution. Turning wifi on and off not an acceptable one.

Options
2020-08-12 21:11:54

@Geebes @DocDavid Some additional data points.  I setup the same Gmail account on my MacBook on both Mac Mail and Outlook.  This afternoon Mac Mail showed all accounts disconnected again; I checked the account in Outlook and sent and received a test email just fine; the problem is I can't tell whether the account is using IMAP or POP in Outlook (where are advanced email settings in Outlook for Mac these days?).  Here is my full setup end to end:

Comcast XFinity ISP

Motorola MB8600 Cable Modem

TPLink Deco X20 Router

MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.5

Mac Mail 13.4

I'm moving my accounts from Mail to Outlook for now but will definitely report back with any additional findings.

Options
2020-08-14 14:02:20

@sunday9pm 

I just upgraded from my AEBS wifi system to the Deco X60, and I'm having the same issue with my Macbook Pro Mac Mail client not connecting to IMAP servers on multiple email accounts.  SMTP servers work fine.  Turning wifi off and then back on seems to resolve the issue....but for how long?

Any ideas from TP-link folks on how to resolve this permanently?

Options
2020-08-15 01:21:15

@TP-Link_Deco 

as you can see, there's multiple customers struggling with this. For me, it seems the issue has been resolved, as my work has replaced my old MacBook Pro laptop with a new MacBook Pro laptop and a fresh install of macOS. Same version number as before, but for some reason the IMAP dropout issues have not reoccurred as yet. However, I don't think it's an acceptable solution having to buy a new laptop, so maybe TP Link could investigate and release new firmware which fixes this issue. It seems related to the built-in firewall / security in the router software of the Deco. Thanks. 

Options
2020-08-17 11:22:23

@sunday9pm 

Sure, we will continue to investigate into this issue with the other customers, thanks for reminding this.

Options
Related Articles