IMAP port 993 blocked after installing Deco X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IMAP port 993 blocked after installing Deco X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
80 Reply
Re:IMAP port 993 blocked after installing Deco X60
2020-08-17 11:36:43

@Geebes 

Hello, do you mean disabling the HomeCare function on the Deco network will resolve the issue, is it HomeCare-Anti-Virus feature on the Deco app? Can you please show me the screenshot?

What if the Anti-Virus feature is on, can you reproduce this issue permanently? If yes, we would like to analyze this issue with a remote session, please let me know if this is OK, thanks.

Options
2020-08-17 11:39:20

@JTHOSER 

Hello, can you please try to disable the Anti-Virus on the Deco app to give it a go? We would like to analyze this issue with a remote session, please let me know if this is OK, thanks.

BTW, please confirm how may Deco units do you have and how are they connected, who is your ISP and what's the model number of your modem?

Good day.

Options
2020-08-17 14:55:47

@TP-Link_Deco 

The antivirus was never activated.  I have 3 Deco 60 units.  How are they connected?  Wirelessly?  I guess I don't understand the question. The modem I have is the Arris TM822.  Xfinity is the ISP.  A remote session is OK, but we should wait until it happens again.  

Thanks,

jose

Options
2020-08-17 18:39:32

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@Geebes 

Hello, do you mean disabling the HomeCare function on the Deco network will resolve the issue, is it HomeCare-Anti-Virus feature on the Deco app? Can you please show me the screenshot?

What if the Anti-Virus feature is on, can you reproduce this issue permanently? If yes, we would like to analyze this issue with a remote session, please let me know if this is OK, thanks.

@TP-Link_Deco 

After installing the system, all worked fine. I then turned on all three anti-virus systems in the Deco app in the HomeCare section. After a while gmail on Mail stopped syncing. Tried turning off one anti-virus at a time, but saw no difference. Turned all three off, and after turning WiFi off and restarting Mail, things were fine again. The other MacBook on the network has had intermittent problem when anti-virus is off, but is working now. 

Will look for time when it is feasible to turn anti-virus on again and risk problems and get back to you.

Options
2020-08-17 19:05:22

@Geebes Apologies if I was not clear.  Below is a screen shot of the HomeCare screen on my phone.  Antivirus was never turned on, and cannot be the problem. Are you asking me if I can turn the antivirus on to see if that fixes it?

If I disable wifi and then re-enable, the issue goes away for a time.  If I don't toggle Wifi on/off, the issue persists.   Thanks!

Options
2020-08-17 19:08:43
Was replying to TP Link, not to you!
Options
2020-08-18 02:07:04

@Geebes 

Thanks so much for your trying and please let me know if the issue occurs when all the three Anti-virus options are on.

Good day.

Options
2020-08-18 02:09:53

@JTHOSER 

Thanks a lot for the detail.

May I know how often does this issue happen? We will send you an email to follow this issue as we may not respond to this community timely.   

Please check your email box and respond, thanks.

Options
2020-08-20 09:38:56

@TP-Link_Deco 

Turned on all three antivirus systems in HomeCare yesterday afternoon, and gmail is still working on both macbooks today.

Beginning to wonder whether problem is due to security measure on part of gmail, cutting access because of network change. Will update if problem recurs.

Options
2020-08-22 19:11:05 - last edited 2020-08-23 09:12:58

@TP-Link_Deco 

As I have the same issue with 3x Deco X60 and a Macbook Pro laptop, I have followed all messages.

For me, the problem still is there, having tried everything:

• put my main router in access mode; didn't help
  • put the Deco X60 in access mode; didn't help
  • tried various options in my email settings; didn't help

It is a ridiculous issue. 

It comes up after my Macbook was asleep for a while. Incoming IMAP email problem only; outgoing email is fine, Exchange email account is fully fine too.

I didn't have this problem before I had TP-Link Deco X60 (before I had Apple Timecapsule with integrated router).

Log file show socket error 0x0 on port 993.

I checked a lot of other forums on Apple specific ; no solution either.

The only thing I and my family do now, if the problem is suddenly there, toggle Wifi Off and then On again; then the problem has gone.

Options
Related Articles