RE450 problems with devices connected vie ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-14 15:25:09
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20190124 rel. 56886

Hi guys,

So, I'm reaching the end of my tether with this setup which is as follows.

Sky superfast (G.Fast) broadband located in the living room ---> RE450 located upstairs in my office with my PC connected to it via ethernet.

Problems: Setup goes smoothly and the wifi connection is good on both 2.4 & 5 Ghz networks. The issue only seems to be with the ethernet connection to my PC. When I run a speed test (Ookla or similar) I get the max bandwidth available to me which is 140-150Mbps, however, if I'm gaming or talking on discord/Zoom I get a serious amount of lag. when running a line health check I can see my latency spikes every so often.

Obviously, this renders the RE450 completely useless, unless I can figure out why the connection is so intermittent. There doesn't seem to be the same issue when connected to the wifi signal of the device but then again it isn't really a persistent connection as gaming/video chat requires.

Any comments or things to check would be very appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE450 problems with devices connected vie ethernet
2020-07-23 09:35:44

@Refloger 

Hello,

Please try to change a CAT 5/6 cable to connect your computer and RE450.

Please try different devices connect to the RE450, then check if they can get a normal speed.

Please move the RE450 closer to your router then check if it still has the issue.

If you connect your computer to the router, are you able to get a normal speed without a high latency spike?

When your computer connected to the RE450 with a high latency spike, please connect your RE450's wifi, then check the speed at that time.

Thank you for your cooperation and have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 990

Replies: 1