Deco P9 constant drop off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-15 13:52:17 - last edited 2020-08-05 11:13:37
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: V1

Hi

I have a Virgin router - which is wired to one pc via ethernet and this never drops off - I have 6 P9s - the main one hard wired to the router - these drop off continually - making them basically useless - because they dont extend anything...other than no service - my Virign router has been stable for weeks and so is the Virgin wifi - however the house is large and therefore I need the P9s to supposedly mesh my network but they are hopeless - they work for a few days and then constantly all red and or - 'connected, no internet'

any suggestions what / why this is happening when the incoming service is working and >350meg

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco P9 constant drop off-Solution
2020-07-21 11:13:08 - last edited 2020-08-05 11:13:37

@Nickw310771 

Hello, sorry about that.

Please help confirm some details and we will try to figure it out:

1. May I have your detailed network topology/layout? What’s the operation mode the deco running? On the Deco APP, please tap “More “on the bottom right corner then go to “Advanced”.

2. Which Deco unit has the RED light, the Main Deco, or Satellite Deco, or all of the 6? How long does the red light last? 

3. How often does the disconnection issue happen and how do you make it back to work?

4. Are all clients disconnecting from the network or just some of them? Is the wireless still connected but showing no internet access or it got disconnected from the network? 

Additionally, please refer to the troubleshooting guide to narrow down the issue and confirm if the whole system is unstable or just the satellite P9 is disconnecting from the main P9:
Unstable connection with Deco

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P9 constant drop off-Solution
2020-07-21 11:13:08 - last edited 2020-08-05 11:13:37

@Nickw310771 

Hello, sorry about that.

Please help confirm some details and we will try to figure it out:

1. May I have your detailed network topology/layout? What’s the operation mode the deco running? On the Deco APP, please tap “More “on the bottom right corner then go to “Advanced”.

2. Which Deco unit has the RED light, the Main Deco, or Satellite Deco, or all of the 6? How long does the red light last? 

3. How often does the disconnection issue happen and how do you make it back to work?

4. Are all clients disconnecting from the network or just some of them? Is the wireless still connected but showing no internet access or it got disconnected from the network? 

Additionally, please refer to the troubleshooting guide to narrow down the issue and confirm if the whole system is unstable or just the satellite P9 is disconnecting from the main P9:
Unstable connection with Deco

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 609

Replies: 1