Deco compitability between models?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-16 19:41:36 - last edited 2020-07-17 06:28:36
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi 

I currently have 3 Deco M9 Plus, and I would like to extend my network. Could I buy a 3 pack of some newer Decos, such as the x60, and use all 6 of them together in a large mesh network? 

Best regards,

Thor

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco compitability between models?-Solution
2020-07-17 06:28:30 - last edited 2020-07-17 06:28:36

@IamThor 

Hello,

Yes, all Deco models are compatible with each other, you may refer to this FAQ which will give you some advice to optimize your Deco mesh network:

Can different Deco models work together?

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco compitability between models?-Solution
2020-07-17 06:28:30 - last edited 2020-07-17 06:28:36

@IamThor 

Hello,

Yes, all Deco models are compatible with each other, you may refer to this FAQ which will give you some advice to optimize your Deco mesh network:

Can different Deco models work together?

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco compitability between models?
2020-07-17 13:30:48

@IamThor 

I recommend that you don't mix models. I was in the same situation, owning 3 M9s and wanting to expand my mesh. I decided to go with more M9s to mitigate the risk of functionality loss at mesh level caused by mixing M9s with lesser Decos. The referenced FAQ (pasted below) is very vague and I took it as a warning sign. If you decide to go with more M9, make sure it is of the same hardware version as the ones you already have.

From The FAQ:

Note: When building a Deco network with different models, some features will disappear if one of the Deco units doesn’t support them. For example, if Deco M5 supports Fast Roaming while Deco M3W does not, then the Fast Roaming feature will disappear if you add the M3W unit into the M5 network. But don’t worry, these features will be added in future firmware updates.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 734

Replies: 2

Related Articles