Deco P9 Ethernet backhaul and guest network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-16 21:19:29 - last edited 2020-08-19 01:03:34
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.1 20200513

Hi, I have recently setup three P9 deco units to provide WiFi coverage in the house and a cabin in the garden. The main unit in the house is connected to the ISP modem with other unit in the house connected via WiFi. I then have the third unit in the cabin connected via ethernet backhaul to the main unit, this is via a TP-link TL-SG1008 unmanaged switch. After configuring the primary WiFi everything was fine and I could roam between each unit. I've then configured the guest network which works ok if I connect when next to the main Deco, but if I'm near either of the other deco units, my device either times out waiting for an IP address, or if it does appear to connect, I can't access the internet. 

Reading through these forums it appears that Ethernet backhaul and using the guest network was an issue for some Deco models, but is now fixed.

Any help appreciated, as it's essential I can configure a guest network that is accessible on the Deco P9 connected via ethernet backhaul in the cabin. If not I'll have to return the units and look for an alternative.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco P9 Ethernet backhaul and guest network-Solution
2020-08-18 19:50:37 - last edited 2020-08-19 01:03:34

@TP-Link_Deco Hi, so sorry for not replying I didn't receive a notification to say I'd received a response. Thanks for getting back to me, but strangely the problem seems to have resolved itself after a couple of days. With different devices now able to connect to the guest network on any of the deco units.

For reference 

1. Different devices, 1 being a laptop the other a android phone. Both behaving the same way with either no IP or internet.

2. All the LEDs have remained standard white healthy 

3. Netgear Nighthawk D7000 set to modem only mode

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Ethernet backhaul and guest network
2020-07-17 06:17:49

@Roo3005 

Hello, 

This seems not a roaming issue, please help check some details and we will ask our engineers to follow it up:

1. Are all wireless devices behaving the same, they cannot get an IP address or cannot access the internet when near the two satellite P9? What are those devices?

2. How about the LEDs on all the three when those devices cannot access the internet next to the two satellite P9?

3. Who is your ISP and what is the model number of your modem?

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-18 15:35:53
This must be powerline and network switch simultaneously used , this causes network loop , your switch either goes loop protection or a loop is created on network. When you have loop on network communication is not possible , ip protocol does not work. Lemme know if you have a solution. Im gonna open a case to tp link official support.
Options
Re:Deco P9 Ethernet backhaul and guest network-Solution
2020-08-18 19:50:37 - last edited 2020-08-19 01:03:34

@TP-Link_Deco Hi, so sorry for not replying I didn't receive a notification to say I'd received a response. Thanks for getting back to me, but strangely the problem seems to have resolved itself after a couple of days. With different devices now able to connect to the guest network on any of the deco units.

For reference 

1. Different devices, 1 being a laptop the other a android phone. Both behaving the same way with either no IP or internet.

2. All the LEDs have remained standard white healthy 

3. Netgear Nighthawk D7000 set to modem only mode

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-08-19 01:03:28

@Roo3005 

Hello,

Thanks for getting back and it's glad to hear that the issue is resolved itself.

But let me know if you have any issue in the future, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1123

Replies: 4

Related Articles