WiFi Internet stops in TP-Link Archer A9 AC1900 till I reboot it

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-17 02:59:30 - last edited 2020-07-17 03:26:49
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hello Guys!

I'm using TP-Link Archer A9 AC1900 which i purchased in May 2020. After 25 days of usage, I noticed that the WiFi internet stops working while the internet is still available connected through the LAN port. Interestingly, I'm able to access the TP-Link router control panel through WiFi as well as Wired mode.

This issue automatically gets resolved if I reboot the router. But over the time, the number of internet outage has increased from once a day to 5-6 each day and it becomes quite irritating when you're in the middle of something important. Am I the only one facing this issue?

Update: I'm using the latest firmware and I've already reset it to the factory defaults after the firmware update for 2-3 times but it didnt't help.

Please suggest. Thanks in advance..

Options
15 Reply
Re:WiFi Internet stops in TP-Link Archer A9 AC1900 till I reboot it
2020-07-20 03:47:29

@rahulbasu 

Hello, sorry for any trouble caused by this router.

What is the Wi-Fi LED of the Archer A9 when the Wi-Fi got disconnected? Can other devices detect the Wi-Fi network then? Please try to customize the wireless settings, like wireless channel and channel width. For 2.4GHz, use channel 1, 6 or 11, channel width to 20MHz; for 5GHz, use channel 36, 40 or 44, channel width as 40MHz. 

BTW, how many wireless devices are connected to the A9 most of the time, are they encounter the same disconnect issue at the same time?

Please also refer to the below troubleshooting to narrow down the disconnect issue:

What should I do if internet connection is not stable when the device is connected to TP-Link router?

Good days.

Options
2020-10-08 15:31:16

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, i have similar problems.. as far as i can "debug" it seems that somehow Archer A9 after some time cuts random client connection - wifi or ethernet.. from the client side it look like that connetivity to internet has dropped. When trying ping, only target i could ping to is router itself. Can't ping outside my local network, behind router to internet.. But when I'm on router web interface i could ping both directions, internal lan or external internet .. i found no solution then reboot whole router.. 

Options
2020-10-09 06:18:40

Hi @Kevin_Z ,

Sorry for the delay in reverting back.

What is the Wi-Fi LED of the Archer A9 when the Wi-Fi got disconnected?

A: LED lights continue to be green as if everything is normal.

Can other devices detect the Wi-Fi network then?

A: Yes, other devices are able to detect as well as connect to the Wi-Fi network but none of them can access the internet either through 2.4GHZ or 5GHZ.

Please try to customize the wireless settings, like wireless channel and channel width. For 2.4GHz, use channel 1, 6 or 11, channel width to 20MHz; for 5GHz, use channel 36, 40 or 44, channel width as 40MHz. 

A: Tried doing that. But the problem still persisted till I had to reboot the router. Most interestingly, the problem used to happen all of a sudden. And there is no other solution other than rebooting. One day, I had to reboot the router atleast 10 times and it seriously hampered my job.

Bottom Line: I got the router replaced by TP-Link since it was within the warranty period (just 15-20 days old. The replacement router took almost a month to reach my place and now it's working absolutely fine. NOTE: I have intentionally not upgraded the firmware of my new replacement router this time since I feel that the latest available online firmware (1.1.0 Build 20200416 rel.72485) is the actual culprit. I'm continuing with the pre-installed firmware version 1.0.6 Build 20200114 rel.73164(5553)). 

Options
2020-10-14 01:49:13

@rahulbasu 

Hi, thanks a lot for the update. It's glad to hear that the replacement is working properly in your network now, please monitor the connectivity and let us know if there is an issue. We will ask our engineers to investigate further with the new firmware 1.1.0 Build 20200416 rel.72485 then.

Good days~

Options
2020-10-14 01:54:26

@Martas 

Hi, the issue you described here seems different from rahulbasu's, his issue was the wireless disconnect issue, while yours seems affecting both wireless and wired connection.

Please verify the below and we will try to figure it out then:

1. Who is your ISP, is the internet connection stable when you connect a computer directly to the ISP modem? If you haven't tested this before, please give it a go and ensure your line is stable first.

2. If the modem internet is stable, then login to the web interface of the A9, change the WAN DNS server as well as the LAN DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, reboot the modem and the A9 to confirm and monitor again.

3. When the devices show connected but no internet, how about the internet LED on the A9, is it solid green or orange?

Thanks~

Options
2020-10-14 14:32:41

@Kevin_Z It would be my pleasure if my experience can help the engineers in improving the product and help other customers too. I will be using this brand new replacement router for the next 60 days and share my experience. I would request you to keep this thread active so that I can post my experience.

Thanks!

Options
2020-10-16 06:43:42

@rahulbasu 

Sure, thanks a lot for your reply. This post will be open, you can post your experience anytime.

Good days~

Options
2020-10-23 07:22:08

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, it seems i got two different problem.. made a new topic for that.. Thx

Options
2020-10-23 07:31:22

@Martas 

Yes, please, if the issue is different, please own your own thread and we will discuss there, thanks.

Options
2020-11-20 11:07:13

@Kevin_Z I'm back as promised smiley

The issue was indeed with the firmware. I'm currently using the factory default firmware version - 1.0.6 Build 20200114 rel.73164(5553) with Hardware version - Archer A9 v6.0 and it's working properly.

As mentioned earlier, I'm not upgrading the fimware version since it has issues. Hope my experience helps other users facing the same issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1956

Replies: 15

Related Articles