wds connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

wds connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
wds connection
wds connection
2020-07-17 09:25:17
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello, i'm trying to expand my wifi by connecting my TD-W8961N via wds to my main modem-router which is a Speedport Entry 2i. I entered the TD-W8961N interface and i enabled the wds, then i entered the MAC address of my main modem-router and i disabled the DHCP as the manual advised to do. But the TD-W8961N hasn't access to the internet yet. I have watched many videos on you tube and i have read many manuals in order to understand what is going wrong, but without any result. Could anyone please help me? Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:wds connection
2020-07-20 08:49:28

@PANGEN 

Hello,

Did you refer to this instruction to set up the WDS function?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/327/

Note: When you set up the WDS function, please make sure you type in the correct password of your first wifi.

If so, please connect your computer to the TD-W8961N directly via Ethernet cable. Then check the IP address and default gateway of it.

Here is a FAQ you can refer to find the IP address: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/838/

1. If the IP address is 169.254.x.x, please check if you type in the correct password of your home wifi.

Did your router has any advanced settings, like MAC filtering and so on?

2. If the IP address is not 169.254.x.x, please reboot both your home router and TD-W8961N.

Please move the TD-W8961N closer to the main router.

You can try different devices to check the Internet connection.

If it still not working, please tell me the model number of your main router.

May it help nad have a nice day!

Options