Use of Deco M9 mesh system with legacy 2.5 band airplay speaker

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-18 00:17:38

Hello, New to mommunity. I am considering a Deco M9 Mesh system to replace my Archer A7. However, I use three older Aiplay speakers that must connect to the 2.5 mhz band, which works OK with my A7, but when I tried to switch to an ATT router that does not overtly seperate the 2.5 a 5 mhz bands (some sort of beam steering where router selects parameters depending on use), I could not gt the older speakers to connect. I am led to understand that the M9 (also) does not seperte the two bands, & am wondering if I might run into the same sort of issues as with the AAT router. While I suspect that I might, which thus argues agaist the M(, I htought to ask if anyone in the community had familairity with the M9's lack of accessable seperation of the 2.5 & 5 mhz bands.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Use of Deco M9 mesh system with legacy 2.5 band airplay speaker
2020-07-21 07:17:04

@DMWJr 

Hello, thanks for bringing this up.

Basically, there won't be an issue connecting to the Deco mesh Wi-Fi network even though some special devices can only connect to the 2.4G network, you may try to temporarily disable the 5G Wi-Fi of the Deco M9 and connect the Airplay speakers to the 2.4G first, enable the 5G then after they got successfully connected.

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 937

Replies: 1

Related Articles