Problems with setting up TL-WR940N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-18 13:07:40
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I use the TL-WR940N(EU) router. It was working fine. I travelled to my home country and returned yesterday after 5 months and shifted to a new place. Today I was trying to set my router up at the new place. After connecting the router to the power source, nothing is happening. Only a yellow light is shown, nothing else. I tried resetting it but nothing seems to work. What can be the reason?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problems with setting up TL-WR940N
2020-07-20 02:16:31

@siyamsajeebkhan 

Hi,

Do you still use the original power adapter? Was there any power cut or bad weather or firmware upgrading before it stops working? 

Try one more time to hard reset it by holding the reset button or hole for 10s.

Are you able to access its web UI from a browser? What is the hardware and firmware version?

When and where did you buy this also? If nothing can make it power on correctly, you may need to contact the local tech support to check the warranty cause the device seems faulty:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 1