AX6000 says 500mb but Speedtest and Google say 200mb

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-19 06:41:38
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Hi 

I took the plung yesterday and up graded my virgin media broadband from 100mb to 500mb 

doing some speeds tests there is a huge diffeeence between what my tplink tether app says the speed is and what my phone says 

now I know there will always be a difference with the ax6000 being hardwired into the virgin router but it's a bug difference 

the ax6000 on tests is between 450-500mb - cool that's what I'm paying for 

doing a Speedtest using Ookla on my iPhone (which is what the ax6000 uses in app) and a Google browser speed test I'm only getting 200-250mb 

That seems way to big a drop 

when I was on 100mb I would see maybe a 10-20mb drop/difference! 

attached are some screen shots from today 

I have the archer set up as a router 

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX6000 says 500mb but Speedtest and Google say 200mb
2020-07-20 01:52:05

@punchtownparry 

Hello, please help verify some details and we will try to fix it together:

1. May I know who is your ISP? What is the speed you can get when you connect a computer directly to the modem?

2. Without any devices connected, please connect one computer to the AX6000 directly and go to speedtest to run the test for 3 times and show us the screenshots of the test results.

And please tell me the wired link speed at that time, how to get that? You can refer to the below link.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2265.html

3. The speed tested on the Tether app might be different from that on your computer, we may think the Tether speed is more like the connection speed between the router and your internet, which would be different from the speed you can get on the computer.

4. Do you enable any QoS setting on the router? Kindly show me the QoS setting page on your AX600, try to disable it then check again.

5. You can refer to the below instruction to narrow down the issue as well.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2170.html

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1456

Replies: 1

Related Articles