Signal source weak on the two other deco's

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-19 09:40:25 - last edited 2020-07-19 09:46:38
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20200408 Rel. 73944

Hello,

first of all i can't find any hardware version on my deco p7 so i just put 'V1' on the version.

My main question isss...

I'm using my deco p7 triple for almost half a year by now. Lately my internet speeds suddenly slowed down.

In the beginning the speeds were around 200mbps and now it's around 80mbps even with a ethernet cable.

I have tried a lot of different thing to try to fix this problem. I put the deco's on other places around the house. I reset all the deco's and of course i turned the modem on and off.

I saw in my deco app that the signal source is verry weak. The wifi sign is 1 source and orange. I will put a photo as attachment.

Does anyone know what this means and how to fix this problem? Plsss let me know.

Kind regards,

Jamie

Options
1 Reply
Re:Signal source weak on the two other deco's
2020-07-21 06:27:02

@Simmers 

Hello, sorry about that.

Please help verify more details and we will try to figure it out ASAP:

1. What is the current network topology/layout? How are the Deco P7 connected?

2. Please connect your computer to the main deco and test the speed you can get from it via speedtest.net as well and check the wired link speed.
Note: Please show us a screenshot of the speed test result.
Additionally, please refer to the below troubleshooting to check the QoS settings on the Deco app again:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2429

After that, please run the speed test again and check whether it improves.

3. Did this speed issue occur after you upgrade the P7 firmware or there is nothing changed in your network?

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 570

Replies: 1