Unable to find netwok

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to find netwok

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unable to find netwok
Unable to find netwok
2020-07-20 04:47:01 - last edited 2020-07-30 01:17:47
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

My Lenovo laptop is unable to find my network when using X20 but is able to when I am in the bedroom and using Deco M4

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to find netwok-Solution
2020-07-29 13:35:40 - last edited 2020-07-30 01:17:47

maxchongsy wrote

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@maxchongsy 

Hello,

If the X20 and M4 are in the same mesh network, you will only see one SSID for the 2.4G and one for the 5G, so your internet should be fine.

To test this, you may try to turn off the M4 and only leave the X20 on, then check if your laptop can connect to the wireless network.

Thanks.

@TP-Link_Deco 

nothing wrong with my network. When I am in the room (with M4 on) I am able to see both SSID. When I am in the hall (X20 on), I cannot find SSID on my Lenovo notebook. Using tablet or mobile phone in the halI,I have no problem detecting both SSID (X20 on)

@maxchongsy 

Everything is working fine after I had updated the network adapter driver

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Unable to find netwok
2020-07-21 06:21:50

@maxchongsy 

Hello,

May I know is your Lenovo laptop working on 2.4G or 5G wireless? How about other wireless devices, such as smartphones and the other laptop, do they find the X20 Wi-Fi?

How about the LEDs on the X20 and how does it connect in your network? You may launch the Deco app on your phone and check the SSID, change it to a new one if it is not showing up correctly.

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-21 07:50:40

@TP-Link_Deco 

Not sure which wireless my Lenovo laptop has (how to check?). The thing is, the Lenovo laptop is able to see my SSID when I am at my bedroom which is having a Deco M4, only unable to see my SSID when I am in the hall using X20. All my other mobile phone, tablet is also able to see my SSID without any problem at both hall and bedroom.

Options
2020-07-21 11:28:14

@maxchongsy 

Hello, may I have the model number of the wireless adapter on this Lenovo laptop? Try to update its driver and ensure it is running the latest. Below is a guide to check the wireless adapter info on a Windows:

How to check if I have installed the driver for my adapter successfully or not on windows

BTW, are the Deco X60s and the Deco M4s in the same mesh network or they are in different networks?

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-23 03:07:37

@TP-Link_Deco 

thanks

same network

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@maxchongsy 

Hello, may I have the model number of the wireless adapter on this Lenovo laptop? Try to update its driver and ensure it is running the latest. Below is a guide to check the wireless adapter info on a Windows:

How to check if I have installed the driver for my adapter successfully or not on windows

BTW, are the Deco X60s and the Deco M4s in the same mesh network or they are in different networks?

Thanks.

thanks

same network

Options
2020-07-23 09:09:53

@maxchongsy 

Hello,

If the X20 and M4 are in the same mesh network, you will only see one SSID for the 2.4G and one for the 5G, so your internet should be fine.

To test this, you may try to turn off the M4 and only leave the X20 on, then check if your laptop can connect to the wireless network.

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-24 11:26:23

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@maxchongsy 

Hello,

Thanks.

@TP-Link_Deco 

nothing wrong with my network. When I am in the room (with M4 on) I am able to see both SSID. When I am in the hall (X20 on), I cannot find SSID on my Lenovo notebook. Using tablet or mobile phone in the halI,I have no problem detecting both SSID (X20 on)

Options
Re:Unable to find netwok-Solution
2020-07-29 13:35:40 - last edited 2020-07-30 01:17:47

maxchongsy wrote

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@maxchongsy 

Hello,

Thanks.

@TP-Link_Deco 

@maxchongsy 

Everything is working fine after I had updated the network adapter driver

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-07-30 01:18:00

@maxchongsy 

Hi, glad to hear that it works, congrats.^_^

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 558

Replies: 8