Adding M9 to existing M5 network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-20 15:20:29
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hoping someone may be able to advise as I've not had much luck with online chat.  

I have an existing M5 network with 4 units.   One at front of house (Main deco) which links up to the one in the loft and to one at the back of the house.  Then the one at the back of the house links to the Cabin at the end of the garden.  Both the loft and the Cabin could still do with a boost as gaming and video conf can be unstable, so I'm wondering if upgrading a few M5s to M9s will help?  If so, which ones should I replace?  Trying to keep the cost down so don't really want to replace all 4 if possible.

Any advice gratefully received. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding M9 to existing M5 network
2020-07-21 06:04:55

@CBW 

Hello,

Can you please provide your detailed network diagram and how the Deco M5s are connected? What is the distance from each other? We may not give you advice nor can we guarantee the M9 will be more stable until we have your detailed network diagram and the distance between the Decos.

Good days.

Options