Unable to authenticate PPoE through TP Link load balancer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-20 18:44:12
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello. I am trying to connect the TP load balancer to my Deco using the PPoE authentication. The connection always fails. However if I connect through the Deco App using the same credentials, it works fine. 

Is there a setting I am missing in the load balancer console? The Deco app does not have a field to input Service Name. Yet it works fine. In the load balancer admin console there is a field for Servide Name and no matter if I put the name given by my ISP or don't, the result is the same. It won't connect. 

I must also mention that one of my ISP have connected perfectly. The second one is the one with the problem and this is a finer optic line. Not sure if that makes any difference but just mentioning. 

Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to authenticate PPoE through TP Link load balancer
2020-07-21 03:55:24

@NZG 

Hi,

What is the current network topology/diagram? And what is the model number of the Deco devices and how about the light status? 

Besides, here is troubleshooting guidance you can refer to:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2239/

Thanks.

Options