Deco M5 wifi channel change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 wifi channel change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
42 Reply
Re:Deco M5 wifi channel change
2021-08-31 00:23:02

@TP-Link 

I have my zigbee devices running on their own 2.4ghz network and channels.

Currently my main deco m5 2.4ghz is on channel 2 and its interfering with my zigbee devices. I would like to change it to channel 1 or 6 as these are the best channels. 

Can you help?

Options
2021-09-01 18:34:13

@bachoo786 

bachoo786 wrote

@TP-Link 

I have my zigbee devices running on their own 2.4ghz network and channels.

Currently my main deco m5 2.4ghz is on channel 2 and its interfering with my zigbee devices. I would like to change it to channel 1 or 6 as these are the best channels. 

Can you help?

I am in the same boot: after power outage, TP-Link router sometimes selected channel 2 or 4, making interferences to my ZigBee devices. I need the feature to lock the channel to ones far away

Options
2021-09-02 03:19:44

@TP-Link_Deco m5 has a wifi analyzer and optimizer so it can te you you have interference but can't do a thing about it???

Bad design. Guess TPLink lost all the knowhow and all they can do is provide L1 support. Reboot and try again thank you very much. Dont like the answers go buy a better product. 

Too bad, had promise...

Options
2021-09-21 16:54:38 - last edited 2021-09-21 16:55:59

@TP-Link_Deco I'm having major problems with my Deco mesh decides to change channels and land on the bands which drown out the weak 2.4gh zigbee channels used by Philips Hue system. I've contacted Philips who have advised to move the wifi channels away from interfering channels. However, I can't seem to stop my decos from doing so and have to repeatedly reboot the deco units until it decides to move away. What can I do to stop the Decos using channels 9 and above?

Options
2021-11-01 21:51:10

@TP-Link_Deco 

the main issue is that some network wifi cards can't work on las channel in 2,4 Ghz. I think this are the network standarda from USA? 
Anyway, the only solution now is to reboot devices and/or optymize WiFi until antenas will chose different channel.

Unfortunately after power down, issue can appear again. I know it is more work for developer to set channesl manually, then at least option to avoid last channel will be perfect!

Options
2021-11-02 03:20:37

@rysic 

Hi, the US version has avoided the last 12/13 channel for 2.4ghz.

Did you see the wireless channel has automatically switched to the last 2 channels?

May I know What are the affected devices?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-01-04 22:41:05
I agree with this. We should have our freedom on changing the channels
Options
2022-01-05 01:05:46

@TP-Link_Deco this is "solution" only cares about WiFi connection of tplink nothing else. Your system is not clever enough to detect ZigBee which shares the 2.5ghz radio and often changes to a channel that kills my hue light system!! Unbelievable you're still fighting this with your customers.

Options
2022-01-06 01:56:25

@TP-Link 

Hi, i am using a setup of various different Deco models (M4s, M5s, P7s) and experiencing a really bad channel selektion as well. Deco seems to always look for the most crowded area of channels and place itself either directly ob top of the most crowded once or at least as close as possible, to interfer as much as possible - really annoying behaviour tbh. Also experiencing loads of connection dropouts on Xiaomi devices lately - their support (which seems to take requests and bugreports a lot more serious than TP-Link support) tells me it most likely is a problem with the channel used. As i was investigating more this even seems quiet reasonable and searching your forum it was stated in threads for multiple Deco models to be a "soon to be releases" firmware update to implement the channel selection since 2019, so please give us an update on this, as If these compatiblity and stability issues won't be adressed soon i will definitely return all the decos that i bought and installed for me and others (should be approx 12* 3 sets of various types + maybe 3 or 4* 3 sets which are slightly more than 2 years old + maybe i will even try to bother your support with some more 4-5* 3 sets that are 3 years old), just because this is really getting annoying and i am getting more and more complaints about these products. because they are NOT WORKING propperly it seems. I really don't think this is the way a WIFI mesh is supposed to work (or not work actually). You even got a built in tool in your own app that clearly stats that the chosen channels are the worst possible option available - not even talking about others tools to show interferences more clearly.

I really hope you get your things together soon and fix these bugs / implement features to let us fix them ourself as i really liked the concept, ideas and price for quality ratio of several different TP-link products in the past. But i am really dissapointed meanwhile.

Options
2022-01-06 06:49:28 - last edited 2022-01-06 06:50:50

@Tripilla Hi, the reasons why there is no intention to support manually changing wireless channel have been explained in details in the recommended solution.

We respect all the feedback and it would be appreciated if you send feedback via Deco APP with reasons why you want to change the channels or whether you have any issue that might be related to the channel.

So we have the chance to find a solution for you.

@a4refillpad For the Zigbee 2.5ghz radio interference, In my option, it covered all the 11 channels(maybe also channel 12 and 13), and no matter which channel you are selected, there will be some interference. So I don’t think manually selecting channels could end this issue. But if you have more details to verify the current issue is related to channels, please do feel free to send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com and I would love to consult your case with the senior engineers for further assistance.

@AtzSt  I am happy to know why you want to change the channel.

Also experiencing loads of connection dropouts on Xiaomi devices lately - their support (which seems to take requests and bugreports a lot more serious than TP-Link support) tells me it most likely is a problem with the channel used

But I might need to ask whether all your mobile devices have a disconnection or just Xiaomi devices?

If only Xiaomi devices, it is too soon to say the channel is the problem since all the mobile devices use the same channel.

But I am curious what might be the problem and it would be highly appreciated if you could send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com as well with more details about the disconnection.

Options
Related Articles