Connected to Wifi but no internet on mobile

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-22 12:46:03
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hello,

I just bought Modem VR2100 and RE300, I am using the OneMesh feature with smart connect. Everything is working fine when I am close to the router (supposedly connected to the router) but when it comes to the repeater (RE300), All the iphones and ipads keep dropping/lagging on the internet, they are connected to the wifi but every 30-60 seconds there is no internet access, I even can't access the router or the repeater web page.

- Using static IP address on phone -> Fail

- Factory reset for both router and repeater -> Fail

- disable smart connect -> Fail

Both router and repeater are up to date.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connected to Wifi but no internet on mobile
2020-07-23 03:49:35

@MoustafaDida 

Hello,

For this issue, we need to check the issue that happened on the router or range extender.

Please try to use the RE300 separately, do not use the Onemesh function, then check if the RE300 has a stable connection.

Please reset the RE300 and set a different network name when you reconfigure it.

If RE300 still has an unstable issue, here are some suggestions you can try:

For the RE dropping-out issue, please refer to this FAQ to troubleshoot at first:https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2233/

If still the same issue, can you help us confirm some information:

1. Please let us know the troubleshooting steps you have tried in detail, thank you!

2. How often this issue happens? What about the LED Status on RE when this issue happens?

3. May I know the problem occurs on 2.4G or 5G wifi?  How long do you have this RE and when did the issue start?

4. Did you put RE in very close to router (within)and check stability?
 Do you have a stable WIFi connection from the main router? 

6. If the RE Led is ON when the issue happens, please send us a photo of the IP address on computer:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/838/

Thank you for your precious time. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 702

Replies: 1

Related Articles