VOIP issue, no telephony option under Advanced

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-23 05:53:49
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.1.0 0.9.1

Hello

I am in Australia and recently had an FTTP NBN connection changed over from ADSL2+. I ported my number across from my old provider and my new provider (Barefoot Telecom) says it's activated. I wanted to set it up today but I can't figure out how to do it. Firstly, when I used the splitter I lost the internet altogether, but there's no way to connect the phone line without using the splitter. 

Secondly, when I looked in the settings of the modem, there's no option for Telephony under Advanced, as instructions I found said there would be. I can't see anywhere else where I would put in the settings to allow for the use of VOIP. It says online it's capable of running VOIP, and my mum has the same router and I set up VOIP on hers, but don't recall having issues finding the Telephony page.

My ISP says they do not provide any service for setting up VOIP, I attempted contacting TP-Link but cannot send a message on one browser, and the other browser won't even open the technical support page at all. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am finding this rather frustrating.

Thank you in advance.

Options
4 Reply
Re:VOIP issue, no telephony option under Advanced
2020-07-23 11:12:12

@Mod35tBabe 

Hello,

For the Archer VR600, it doesn't support the telephony function.

If you want to set up the VOIP function on the router, you can refer to this instruction to set up it:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1522/

If you don't have the information to set up the VOIP, you may not able to use this function.

May it help and have a nice day!

Options
2020-07-24 00:42:24

@Sunshine Thank you. I realised some time after posting while researching the issue, that the model I needed is VR600V, rather than without the V. I want to use my landline handsets, so while I thank you for the suggestion, I don't think it will solve my problem. I am hoping I might be able to exchange the modem and go from there.

Thanks again :)

Options
2020-07-24 08:03:48

@Mod35tBabe 

Hello,

Yes, the Archer VR600v supports the telephony function. 

Hope you can exchange it, thank you!

Options
2020-07-25 14:46:57
Fortunately I was able to exchange it for the correct model as I had kept all the packaging and receipt. I've yet to set it up as the information given by ISP doesn't quite match the options in the new modem router, but I'm hopeful the ISP can sort that out. Thanks again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1300

Replies: 4