Archer C7 - setup for used with a cable modem in bridge mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-23 18:37:54
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good day,

I thought it would be an easy task, but I got lost and would greatly appreciate the help.

I would like to set my ISP's modem/router into bridge mode and connect my Archer C7 to it (via an ethernet cable, of course).

What are the required steps? If this has been documented already - please kindly point me in the right direction and forgive me for failing to locate that.

Thank you for your help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 - setup for used with a cable modem in bridge mode
2020-07-24 11:07:46

@HowardBannister 

Hello,

May I know who is your ISP and what is the model number of your cable modem?

Basically, there is no need to configure your cable modem into bridge model, you may just connect it to the WAN port of the C7 and refer to the below instructions to configure it:

How do I install TP-Link Archer router to work with a Cable Modem

May this helps.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-07-24 14:21:54

@Kevin_Z  - thank you for taking the time to reply. I will look up the guide right away.

To answer your question, I am with Rogers (in Canada), the modem/router is a Technicolor CGM4140COM.

Thank you again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1549

Replies: 2

Related Articles