Cable broken

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cable broken

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cable broken
Cable broken
2020-07-24 13:05:40 - last edited 2020-07-30 07:09:02
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi 

the cable on my power supply unit T 120120-2C5  to my Deco P7 is damaged, how can I get a new one?

br Ulf 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Cable broken -Solution
2020-07-30 07:08:59 - last edited 2020-07-30 07:09:02

@Ulfk 

Hello,

You may need to contact the local tech support to check the warranty cause the power supply cable is faulty.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-11-02 07:43:36 - last edited 2020-11-02 09:10:08

@TP-Link_Deco I contacted the local TP Link support in my country, and he could not help. The power adapters for the Deco P7 are not available from anyone locally and I find it a bit strange that there is no such thing as a replacement, since this product no matter if it is discontinued or not should not become trash because of a power supply failure or a broken power supply cable (as in my case, the powersupply I own that does not power my Deco P7 is perfectly fine, it is only the power cable USB-C connector that is broken).

Okay for all you folks out there who cannot find any replacement power supply, here is how you can fix the Deco P7, but you will lose the Powerlinke backhaul on that unit you use my solution:

Buy a USB Wall Charger that supports USB-C Power Delivery (PD) 12V/1.5A and a USB-C to USB-C cable. This solution I have tried with my P7 Deco and it works file. The P7 Deco that does not have a powerline backhaul I would then place in the middle so that the most farest away Deco units will get the powerline backhaul feature, e.g. Deco P7 with provided adapter on top floor, 2nd one with the USB-C PD wall charger, middle floor and the last Deco P7 you put on the ground floor plugged also in with the original Deco P7 adapter. You then will get the backhaul running from top to ground floor (green LED on power adapter = powerline backhaul is working). It does not matter so much if the Deco P7 does not have the powerline backhaul, since it can connect to the other 2 Deco P7 using the 2 WiFi bands.

If you only have a 2 Deco P7 kit, you will lose the powerline backhaul with my solution but you will still be able to continue to use the Deco P7 units. And please rember any Deco unit can join your mesh, so you can also combine with any other from that range as long as you pick at least a AC1200 model, your WiFi coverage will not be impacted.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
2020-07-30 07:08:59 - last edited 2020-07-30 07:09:02

@Ulfk 

Hello,

You may need to contact the local tech support to check the warranty cause the power supply cable is faulty.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cable broken
2020-10-26 20:25:59

@TP-Link_Deco Hi did anyone successfully get a replacement for the tp-link T120120-2C5 power supply? I bought a 3 Deco P7 kit and one of the power supply has a defective cable, the power supply itself works (orange LED is on) but the former owner did break the cable at the USB-C connector (right behind the cable bending protection). It feels limp and there is no power coming to the Deco P7. 

So I was wondering if these power supplies can e ordered separately somehow, since the powerline back-haul runs through this USB-C connector it is quite important that a replacement would also provide the powerline signal.

Options
2020-10-27 03:15:47

Hello @StardustOne, thanks for asking.

The Deco P7 has been discontinued, it is suggested to confirm if it is still available to get a replacement power supply from the local tech support:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Good day~

Options
2020-11-02 07:43:36 - last edited 2020-11-02 09:10:08

@TP-Link_Deco I contacted the local TP Link support in my country, and he could not help. The power adapters for the Deco P7 are not available from anyone locally and I find it a bit strange that there is no such thing as a replacement, since this product no matter if it is discontinued or not should not become trash because of a power supply failure or a broken power supply cable (as in my case, the powersupply I own that does not power my Deco P7 is perfectly fine, it is only the power cable USB-C connector that is broken).

Okay for all you folks out there who cannot find any replacement power supply, here is how you can fix the Deco P7, but you will lose the Powerlinke backhaul on that unit you use my solution:

Buy a USB Wall Charger that supports USB-C Power Delivery (PD) 12V/1.5A and a USB-C to USB-C cable. This solution I have tried with my P7 Deco and it works file. The P7 Deco that does not have a powerline backhaul I would then place in the middle so that the most farest away Deco units will get the powerline backhaul feature, e.g. Deco P7 with provided adapter on top floor, 2nd one with the USB-C PD wall charger, middle floor and the last Deco P7 you put on the ground floor plugged also in with the original Deco P7 adapter. You then will get the backhaul running from top to ground floor (green LED on power adapter = powerline backhaul is working). It does not matter so much if the Deco P7 does not have the powerline backhaul, since it can connect to the other 2 Deco P7 using the 2 WiFi bands.

If you only have a 2 Deco P7 kit, you will lose the powerline backhaul with my solution but you will still be able to continue to use the Deco P7 units. And please rember any Deco unit can join your mesh, so you can also combine with any other from that range as long as you pick at least a AC1200 model, your WiFi coverage will not be impacted.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-11-02 09:14:49

@StardustOne 

Hi, thank you so much for sharing this work around, and it's glad to know it works.

Good day~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1371

Replies: 5

Related Articles