AX50 Router VoIP on Maxis Fiber

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-24 18:13:13
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

hi, i am using Maxis Fiber, and i configured AX50 to have Voip at LAN4. Then LAN4 is connected via network cable to my original Maxis router WAN port. RJ11 then connected at Maxis router. However, there is only engaging tone at my DECT phone all the times.  

May i know how to solve this issue? 

Options
10 Reply
Re:AX50 Router VoIP on Maxis Fiber
2020-07-27 06:51:57

@mroctopus 

Hello,

May I know your detailed network topology? Is it the Internet RJ11 line--(RJ11 port) Maxis router (LAN)--(WAN) AX50 (LAN4)--DECT phone?

Thanks.

Options
2020-11-25 21:00:22

@mroctopus Hi, did you managed to sort this problem out.

I have the same issue. Trying to get my cordless wireless phone to work with Maxis with the AX50. TQ

Options
2020-11-25 21:00:47

@Kevin_Z Hi ... what exactly do you mean here? TQ

Options
2020-11-26 01:36:43

@gFurlong 

Hello, we didn't get any response from mroctopus, so we don't know if he figures this out or not.

While if you encounter the same issue, please confirm how did the AX50 is connected to your network, and how is the phone connected to the AX50, via wired cable or via wireless, 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

If it is connecting to the AX50 via wireless, you just need to search for the AX50's wireless network name, then enter the wireless password on your cordless wireless phone, and that's it, it should be working.

Thanks.

Options
2021-01-26 13:19:38

@Kevin_Z 

Hi I want to connect my AX50 tp-link router to connect to a phone similar like this one --> https://www.panasonic.com/my/consumer/phones-faxes/cordless-phone/kx-tgb210ml.html

The current model that I have is the Panasonic KX-TGBA20ML , which I presume is a digital cordless phone that came with my old maxis home fibre router. 

Is there a way this phone connected to my the new AX50 that I have? 

Options
2021-01-27 03:04:05

@gFurlong 

How did the Panasonic KX-TGBA20ML cordless phone connect to your old maxis home fibre router? Is there a base unit for the handset? If possible, can I have the model number of the old maxis home fibre router? We may check if you can use the cordless phone with the AX50 then. 

Just to confirm, is the Panasonic KX-TGBA20ML cordless phone provided by Maxis, or you purchased it yourself? As far as I can understand, you will need to configure the VLAN ID on the AX50 if it is provided by Maxis, please kindly check if you have those setting parameters on the AX50 page, you can also show me the IPTV page under Advanced>>Network, then enable IPTV, you will see if there is Malasia-Maxis from the dropdown list, then choose one of the LAN port to be used as the VoIP connection. The VLAN ID should be provided by Maxis.

Options
2021-01-29 02:25:52

Kevin_Z wrote

How did the Panasonic KX-TGBA20ML cordless phone connect to your old maxis home fibre router?

It was connected from the modem to the old maxis fibre router

Is there a base unit for the handset?

Yes

If possible, can I have the model number of the old maxis home fibre router? 

The router than came with Maxis is Archer C5v.

Just to confirm, is the Panasonic KX-TGBA20ML cordless phone provided by Maxis, or you purchased it yourself?

To be honest, this KX-TGBA20ML was purchased. I had another similar model which was faulty (that was provided by Maxis). So I bought this KX-TGBA20ML as a new cordless wireless phone and it worked with the C5v router

As far as I can understand, you will need to configure the VLAN ID on the AX50 if it is provided by Maxis, please kindly check if you have those setting parameters on the AX50 page, you can also show me the IPTV page under Advanced>>Network, then enable IPTV, you will see if there is Malasia-Maxis from the dropdown list, then choose one of the LAN port to be used as the VoIP connection. The VLAN ID should be provided by Maxis.

I will need to go through the IPTV settings. I remember it was enabled but I need to relook at it later. 

@Kevin_Z 

Options
2021-01-29 06:00:46

@gFurlong 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

Yes, please check if you can enable the VoIP settings on the AX50, and confirm if you need a special VLAN ID from Maxis, then let's see if we can make it work.

Options
2021-02-01 02:05:34

@Kevin_Z Hi Kevin.

Kevin_Z wrote

@gFurlong 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

Yes, please check if you can enable the VoIP settings on the AX50, and confirm if you need a special VLAN ID from Maxis, then let's see if we can make it work.

I seem to have VoIP up and running. It seems to be running through LAN4. 
Should I share the screenshot of the IPTV advanced tab here (safe to do so?) for your view? 
If it's all set up, might be an issue with the phone. 

Options
2021-02-01 09:49:00

@gFurlong 

Thank you very much for getting back. 

If the VoIP is up and running, no need to share it here. Just to confirm, have you changed any setting, such as enable the VoIP and configure a VLAN ID on the AX50 to make it work? This may help other who encounter the same issue as you did before, thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3170

Replies: 10

Related Articles