.mkv (matroska) files not working on Archer A7 media server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-25 18:49:09
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20200220 rel.33197(5553)

Hi,

I'm using the Media Server feature on an Archer A7. I've also used it on a C7.

MP4 files work great with both the C7 and the A7. With both, my Roku can "see" and play the MP4 files stored on the USB flash drive plugged into the USB port.

.MKV files are behaving differently. Though my Roku can see and play MKV (matroska) files on the C7's media server, with the A7 none of the MKV files appear on the Roku.

Any idea how to get the A7 to share MKV files?

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:.mkv (matroska) files not working on Archer A7 media server
2020-07-27 05:33:13

@wysiwyg_ 

Hello,

Can you please confirm what is the hardware version and hardware version of the Archer C7?

Is it possible to try with another USB device with the Archer A7 and check if there is any difference with playing these .mkv (matroska) files on Roku?

Do you mean these .mkv (matroska) files will not show up when you checking on Roku or those files are there but Roku cannot play them?

Thanks.

Options
Re:.mkv (matroska) files not working on Archer A7 media server
2020-10-27 04:18:19

@wysiwyg_ 

Hello, the same thing happens to me with my router (WR1043ND v2), I cannot see or play the mkv format. :/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 999

Replies: 2