Archer AX50 AX3000 Laptop Speed Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-25 19:32:14
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

I recently bought a Archer AX50 but encountered this issue with download speed on my laptops.

The donwload speed is not even able to reach 10% of my ISP allocated speed.

Even one of the the laptop has WiFi 6 card.

If I use my old router I get the full speed on my laptop which clearly indicates something is wrong with AX50.

What all I have tried:

Resetting the router.

Chaging to ac for both frequencies.

And few more advise which I was able to find online.

Dont have tether app installed.

There is no issue on my andorid and IOS devices and even my Amazon Firestick.

My connection is 75 Mbps down as well as up.

If anybody was able to fix this please help.

Have a return period of 10 days and will send it back if nothing happens till then and this will be my last purchase of a tp link product.

Test Result from android.

Test Results from Laptop.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 AX3000 Laptop Speed Issue
2020-07-27 03:33:59 - last edited 2020-07-27 03:34:39

@krnpundir 

Hello, please help verify some details and we will try to fix it together:

1. May I know who is your ISP? Is the speed 75M tested with the AC router? May I have the model number?

2. What is the model number of the Wi-Fi 6 adapter on the laptop? Without any devices connected, please connect this laptop to the AX6000 directly and go to speedtest to run the test for 3 times and show us the screenshots of the test results.

And please tell me the wired link speed at that time, how to get that? You can refer to the below link.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2265.html

3. What if you try with a different computer or phone, will the speed test be different when connected to the AX50 network?

4. You can refer to the below instruction to narrow down the issue as well.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2170.html

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-28 16:18:34

@Kevin_Z 

Befor this router I was using C20 AC750 and there was no issues with speed on any of my laptops.

I used to get full 75 mbps.

That went bad so thought of upgrading to a wifi 6 router.

My ISP is a local Vendor.

I have tested with only the laptop connected but that didnt help. Also, when same laptop is wired to the router I get full 75 mbps.

The issue is only happening with my Windows Laptops (dont have any MAC). Phones and even my Amazon Firestick shows full 75 mbps. So, somehow speed is getting restricted on laptops that to only download speed is impacted no issue with upload speed.

I get full upload speed on the laptops.

Options
2020-07-29 01:38:51

@krnpundir 

Hello,

May I know the model number of this Wi-Fi 6 adapter on your windows laptop which is not getting expected download speed?

Please help confirm the link speed between this laptop and the AX50 and show me the screenshot:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

It is suggested to update the driver for this adapter, as others can get expected download speed when connected to the AX50.

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-29 06:04:11 - last edited 2020-07-29 06:04:49

@Kevin_Z 

Below is the requested info.

This is from the laptop having a WiFi 6 card.

As per intel driver assistant all drivers are up to date.

The link speed is 681 mbps.

Even on the other laptops the link speed is alway more than 300-400 mbps.

Please remember all laptops have the same problem.

Options
2020-07-29 06:25:01

@krnpundir 

Hello, thanks for the info.

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.             

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-07-29 18:18:55

@Kevin_Z 

Have responded back to the mail.

Thanks for your support.

Options
2020-07-31 01:08:52

@krnpundir 

Hello,

Please respond to the seniors directly via the email and they will help you fix it.

Good days.

Options
2020-11-12 16:30:14

@Kevin_Z I am also facing same issue with HP & Acer laptop. Mobile phones are connecting well on 2.4 & 5Ghz. I am connecting HP on 2.4 & Acer on 5Ghz. Upload speed is fine. Please avise the options. 

Kevin_Z wrote

@krnpundir 

Hello,

Please respond to the seniors directly via the email and they will help you fix it.

Good days.

Options
2020-11-13 06:14:54

@mk_rt 

Hello, please provide the below basic info, and we will try to figure it out:

1. May I know who is your ISP? What is the download and upload speed provided by your ISP?

2. What is the model number of the wireless adapter on the HP and Acer laptops? Without any devices connected, please connect this Acer laptop to the AX50 5GHz directly and go to speedtest to run the test for 3 times and show us the screenshots of the test results.
And please tell me the wireless link speed at that time, how to get that? You can refer to the below link.
https://www.tp-link.com/faq-2265.html

3. Ensure there is no QoS settings for these devices, you may login to the AX50 management page on the Tether app and go to Homecare-QoS, please check and ensure it is on the Standard Mode, then get back to the Clients' page, check all the clients connected to the router and ensure the High Priority is disabled.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1150

Replies: 9

Related Articles