Wifi suddenly terrible on Archer VR400

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-26 11:10:10 - last edited 2020-07-27 03:11:37
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0070.0 Build 170719 Rel.63031n

Had my VR400 for about 5 weeks and has been great. This morning though my wifi is terrible and only getting KB speeds before dropping out. I have reset the router and rest the phones but still the same. Wired connections are perfect and getting top speeds across the board but wifi is dire :-(

Is there a potential cause I could look for?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi suddenly terrible on Archer VR400
2020-07-27 09:04:18

@MikeEarl 

Hi, for your issue, we would like to check the below information first.

May I know which line is connected to the VR400? It is telephone(DSL) line OR Ethernet cable?

When the issue happens, can you check if there is abnormal light on the router? Please tell me the lights' status on the router in detail for me.

May I know how many wireless clients are connected to the router? They all have the same issue?

Please try to restart the router to check if it works well again?

OR can the router recover the Wi-Fi connection automatically?

When the dropping issue happens, your wireless clients are still connected to the router's Wi-Fi, right? OR they are disconnected.

If the issue only happens on all the wireless clients, please check if both band 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi have the same issue.

Please download Wi-Fi analyzer APP on your phone to test the empty channel for 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi around.

Then follow the instruction to enter the management page of router, go to advanced-wireless-wireless settings to change the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channel to be empty one you have tested. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1730/

Please also change the 2.4GHz channel width to be 20MHz, 5GHz channel width to be 20MHz and save.

Then reboot the router to check if the same issue happens again.

Note: To change the channel is to avoid much interface on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz band.

BTW, can you send us the white label of printed on the router for us to check the version?

If it still can't work well, please tell me the result of the above troubleshooting steps in detail.

Look forward to your reply.

Options
Re:Wifi suddenly terrible on Archer VR400
2020-07-27 12:06:19

@Sunshine many thanks for getting back to this. I turned the 5ghz off and my issues went away...I know can use wi-fi fine.... At lower speeds but I'll take that for now.

Odd though as I was using 5ghz for weeks with no real issue.

Could be the channels etc but I'll live with it. WiFi sucks at the best of times really and I'd have an Ethernet connection on my phone if I could 👍

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 673

Replies: 2

Related Articles