Speed Test showing only 4 servers + huge icons

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-26 20:27:04 - last edited 2020-07-28 10:39:53
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey guys,

I wanted to check my internet speed using server that's outside of my country, but I cannot see this option. It's only me or anyone else have this ?

Also, I'm using my old iPhone SE (1st gen) from 2016. It's only 4ich, and I can see only 1 connected device. Can you please make thost icons a little smaller ? I remember when I first time used them, they fit perfectly but after some updates, they become larger.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Speed Test showing only 4 servers + huge icons-Solution
2020-07-28 10:39:47 - last edited 2020-07-28 10:39:53

@Boriy 

Hello, 

We can only use the servers you can find on the Deco app. May I know why do you want to link to the server out of your country?

We've optimized the display with the latest Deco app and we didn't get this feedback from others, can you please check if your iPhone SE is in the Standard mode? We will feedback to the APP team and ask them to evaluate how to improve it.

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Speed Test showing only 4 servers + huge icons-Solution
2020-07-28 10:39:47 - last edited 2020-07-28 10:39:53

@Boriy 

Hello, 

We can only use the servers you can find on the Deco app. May I know why do you want to link to the server out of your country?

We've optimized the display with the latest Deco app and we didn't get this feedback from others, can you please check if your iPhone SE is in the Standard mode? We will feedback to the APP team and ask them to evaluate how to improve it.

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Speed Test showing only 4 servers + huge icons
2020-08-09 17:40:38

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hello, yes.

I live in Uzbekistan (Tashkent). Since very  few %  of internet users have high speed (we only get plan of 100mb/s in 2019), we created our local domain called tas-ix.

Which means every website that I use inside of my country it's free for me and usually in high speed 100mb/s

Example, I have a plan with 10mb/s

If I download something from .com my speed will be 10mb/s

If I download something from .uz (my country domain) my speed will be 100mb/s

So everytime when I do speed test it shows me my local speed (100mb/s). I would like to know the speed that's outside of my country like .ru, com and so on.

P.S I also checked my iPhone SE it's in Standard Mode. Maybe developers thought that nobody uses phone that have 4 inch or less scrren size anymore o_O  

lol

Options
2020-08-17 09:18:27

@TP-Link_Deco 

If any news, please let me know.

Options
2020-08-17 11:53:05

@Boriy 

Hello,

If you want to know the speed you get when you are visiting an outside server, you may do a speedtest by visiting that server and the speedtest on the Deco app may not help with that, as the speedtest on the Deco app will choose the closest server in your own country automatically.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 352

Replies: 4

Related Articles