I want to connect RE450 to my modem through a powerline adapter, how to do?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-27 22:30:57
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have bought a RE450 to extend my wi-fi range to the upper two floors of my home, my VDSL line and modem (Zyxel VMG3312 that my ISP provided, I suspect not a good signal booster) is on the bottom floor. I put the RE450 on my second floor but it has spotty stability, sometimes iPad/iPhone/Mac loses connection. It's on repeater mode. Tried hi-speed mode but it's not that stable either. I however, use a TP-Link power adapter on the ground floor between rooms and also have a couple older powerline adapters (previous generation) which I thought I could use to supply the line directly to RE450 so I can at least stabilize in the incoming signal to be repeated. Can I do that? If I can, how? Tried connecting them all together but couldn't make it work.

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:I want to connect RE450 to my modem through a powerline adapter, how to do?
2020-07-31 08:13:17

@Ultramarinus 

Hi, for your issue, please check the below information.

You want to connect RE450 and powerline device by Ethernet cable, then RE450 can provide the stable internet connection for your clients, right?

Theoretically, this can be achieved. You need to change the operation mode of the RE450 to be Access Point.

Also, you need to make sure if the powerline devices work well.

If the powerline units are working well, you can follow the instruction to set up the RE450 to be Access Point. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1143/

Note: The performance of RE450 will be influenced by the powerline units if the RE450 is connected to the PLC unit by cable.

If the two devices can't work together, please confirm the below information for us:

1. the model number of the powerline unit. 

2. How do you connect the powerline units in your house and how about the lights' status on each powerline unit and RE450.

Look forward to your reply.

Good day!

Options
Re:I want to connect RE450 to my modem through a powerline adapter, how to do?
2020-07-31 22:44:25

@Solla-topee I did those except the quick setup part IIRC, but I'll re-try everything in the same order when I get the chance. Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 968

Replies: 2

Related Articles