Archer Ax 20 5ghz band issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-28 17:13:09 - last edited 2020-07-28 17:38:34
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20

i just got an AX20 router. it connects fine and provides internet on the 2.4ghz band with every device, on the 5ghz band however i can connect but i get about 10 seconds of internet before it stops working. i just swapped off a router i had in the same spot that worked fine on the 5ghz band. ive tried changing the channels and channel widths. enabling and disabling mu-mimo and ofdma. dynamic and static routes on the devices. resetting numerous times. no matter what i try to do the 5ghz band shits itself on anything trying to connect to it. 

edit: ive also tried disabling the 2.4ghz band.

edit: just to clarify. the 5ghz band keeps broadcasting, and devices remain connected but they cant connect to internet. my pc isnt able to even load the router page whilst connected to the 5ghz band.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer Ax 20 5ghz band issues
2020-07-29 07:52:32

@pkay 

Hello, sorry about any issue caused by this router.

May I know how many wireless devices are connected to the 5G network and are all of them encountering the same issue, connected but no internet? Is there a correct IP address on the device when connected to the 5G network? Can you ping the router?

Please login to the web UI of the AX20, change the 5G wireless network name to a different one and disable the smart connect, then reboot the router to give it a go. Ensure your are connected to the main 5G network but not the guest.

Who is your ISP and what is the network layout? Is there any other router in the network?

Thanks.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-07-29 15:40:30 - last edited 2020-07-29 15:43:54

@Kevin_Z 

anywhere from 2 - 5 devices with about 3 on average as ive been attempting to troubleshoot the issue have been connected to the 5g network. so far only my samsung smart tv (2019 Q75r model) has actually managed stable connection. on reboot or sometimes reconnection to the 5g band i can load 1 or 2 webpages before the internet drops and i cant ping the router.

when i check connected devices the router reports the devices apparently on the 5g band are on their static ip's and devices i try connected with dynamic ip's are given normal ones within the range.

i tried changing the wireless name, still happens, ive had smart connect disabled. i turned it on at one point to see if it would change anything and it just happened again so ive kept it disabled. im connected on the main network, ive even tried the guest network and the issue happens on that too.

my isp is optus, the layout is Modem > router> devices. no other routers in the network or on in the house. i feel its doubtful to be an isp issue as the internet works fine on 2.4 band and through a wired connection.

Edit: my PC's wireless adapter is a TPlink brand wifi 6 pci-e card so i cant imagine thats an issue.

Options
2020-07-31 06:13:09 - last edited 2020-07-31 06:13:49

@pkay 

Hello, thanks for the detailed info.

May I know the model number of the Wi-Fi 6 adapter?

As per your description, it seems more like the 5G doesn't connect to the internet at all but not an unstable issue. Are all of these devices connected to the 5G networking obtaining an IP address automatically? Or some of them use static IP?

How many wireless devices are connected to the 5G network? What are they? Have you tried to reset the AX20 to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch? If not yet, it is suggested to give it a go first and confirm if there is any difference.

Thanks.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-07-31 06:21:31

@BlackLivesMatte 

Hello,

It seems that you are a lot dissatisfied with TP-Link products as well as the support team, may I know what happened with your TP-Link product? Have you contacted our support team before? To be honest, we take great importance to our customers' opinions and feedback, but if your issue is not resolved successfully due to some reason, we are sorry about that.

We hope you could describe your issue and give us more details if you still want to solve it, as just complaining may not help at all.

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2748

Replies: 4

Related Articles