TP-Link WiFi Extender AC750 RE200 work on with Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-28 19:52:02
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, is it possible to completely disable WiFi extend on model TP-Link WiFi Extender AC750 RE200 and work only by provide internet through Ethernet?

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link WiFi Extender AC750 RE200 work on with Ethernet
2020-07-31 04:09:30

@NikosG 

Hello, if you don't want to use RE200's Wi-Fi but only want to get internet from the Ethernet port on the extender, you can try to disable extender's 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless function to check if it works.

But I need to warn you that the extender should still connect the router by wireless connection. If you turn off the extender's wireless connection for both band, we can't make sure if it will 100% work. Since you didn't provide the hardware version of the extender, I can't test it in our lab. You can test it by yourself.

You can enter the management page to set it up first, then go to Settings-Wireless-Extended Network-Disable extended 2.4GHz and 5GHz-Save it.

Then, the wireless function of the extender is turned off. Please check the lights' status on the extender and if you can get internet on your PC when it is connected to the Ethernet port on the extender.

How to set it up: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1400/

We also have a better suggestion, you can try to Hide SSID broadcast on both bands.

Note: ' Hide SSID broadcast' is at the same page as 'disable Extended 2.4GHz/5GHz network'.

Once you click on 'Hide SSID broadcast', all the wireless clients can't see the extender's Wi-Fi name.

If you want to connect the extender's network, you need to input the totally correct Wi-Fi name and Wi-Fi password from the extender to connect.

Hope this answer can help you!

Good day!

Options
2020-07-31 10:28:00

@Solla-topee Hello and thanks for the quick and detailed reply! I tried to go to Settings-Wireless-Extended Network-Disable extended 2.4GHz and 5GHz-Save it, but only one of the two bands can be disabled and not at the same time both. Regarding the interface, one wireless extended network should remain open. For example, once I disable the 5GHz the 2.4GHz couldnt be disable (the option becomes anavailble). I try it through web interfase. Should I try another method. I need only to receive internet wireless and share it only by ethernet cable.

Thank you in advance

Options
2020-08-13 08:12:18

@NikosG 

Good day.
Thank you very much for your time and patience.
After checking with the senior engineers, it turned out that at least one wifi band needed to be enabled in order to communicate with main router to get internet service.

And if you only want to have one wired device to get interent, you could try to set up the access control>enable the white list and only add the wired computer;

Thank you~

Options
2022-02-09 21:06:02

@NikosG 

Hi

yes you can but you have to update the firmaware first and use http://tplinkrepeater.net and sign in then you can disable both frequencies (you have to be connected the repeater with an ethernet cable).

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3758

Replies: 4