M7350 data usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M7350 data usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M7350 data usage
M7350 data usage
2020-07-28 23:18:48

First time here, be gentle,  

Recently purchased a M7350 and within a week we had blown our telstra data allocation.  My wife and I blaming each other (both claiming no more than usual) , as you do.  So at the start of the next month we looked at the usage and after one week we had used 40%  (48 of 120gig) , so we switched back to our old telstra modem and 2 weeks later we have only used another 30% . Can anyone tell me if these modems just consume data doing nothing.  Yes we leave our devices computer and tablets connected most of the time. 

Thanks Clive. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:M7350 data usage
2020-07-30 03:35:22 - last edited 2020-07-30 03:39:02

@Fourby

Hi, for your issue, may I know where you saw the usage 40% (48 of 120gig)?

On the screen of your Mobile Wi-Fi?

You can also obtain the data usage information by sending a message to the carrier of your SIM card, which is recommended if you need more accurate information.

If the usage from the carrier is the same as the shown screen, you can follow the instruction to limit data usage of 4G LTE Mobile Wi-Fi so that you will not exceed your data package(3GB for example) https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1648/ 

It is suggested that you can turn off the PC and other devices or disconnect the internet to save the data if you don't use them.

Hope this answer will help you! :)

Good day!

Options
Re:M7350 data usage
2020-07-30 05:59:40

@Solla-topee 

The usage figure comes from an app we have used for some years.  It has proved accurate on our old modem. Also given we have never disconnected our devices before why should this modem require that. 

Kind regards Clive 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 743

Replies: 2

Related Articles