Router doesn't ping Computer on LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-29 16:06:46
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi Folks,

I'm having a stange behavior on my home network.

I have an ADSL modem connected to a firewall server (OpnSense) and the firewal connnected, through cable but different network interface, to my TP-Link WR840N wifi router.

My problem is when I connect any resource to wifi.

I can ping everything connected to wifi, but can't ping the server connected by cable on tplink.

On the router management GUI, if I try to ping the firewall, I get "time out" response. But if I ping the router from firewall server, I have ICMP replies and aftrer this I can ping the firewall from every resource on wifi.

Unfortunatelly the connection stay up just for a few minutes and I lost internet and firewall connection again.

Looks like router just respond firewall if firewall start the connection with router first.

Using TCPDUMP to check the packets between router and firewall, when I ping firewall from router management GUI e see no ICMP packet on traffic (no block, no reject, nothing), but if I first ping the router from firewall, I can see all the ICMP packets. And after that if I ping firewall from router I see the ICMP packtes as well.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on my explanation but it is a little bit strange.

Worst if I make tplink as AP and firewall as the DHCP server.

Hope that someone have a tip of what could be wrong.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router doesn't ping Computer on LAN
2020-07-31 10:45:46

@Czaja 

Hello,

Can you please draw me a network layout with this WR840N? Is it like below? How about the IP and subnet on the firewall server as well as on the WR841N?

ADSL modem----OpnSense firewall server----WR840N)))(((Wi-Fi devices

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1278

Replies: 1

Related Articles