wifi automatically turns on overnight

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-29 16:59:33
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

At night I manually turn off the wifi, but it's always on again in the morning. Why is it turning back on and how do I stop that from happening? Thanks.

Options
5 Reply
Re:wifi automatically turns on overnight
2020-07-31 09:02:22

@annalisa0 

Hello,

Do you mean you turned off the wireless manually by switching the Wi-Fi button off at night but the Wi-Fi will be automatically on the next morning?

Do you enable the Wi-Fi schedule or reboot schedule on the router web UI?
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2596/

BTW, what is the firmware version of your A7?

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-31 22:33:43

@Kevin_Z The build is 1.0.11 Build 20190810 rel.50990(5553). Yes, I manually turn it off at night by holding down the button for a few seconds and the lights on the front panel turn off. I want the wifi to stay off until I turn it on again. I don't have a schedule set.thanks.

Options
2020-08-03 03:12:13

@annalisa0 

Hello,

Can you please reset the A7 to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch to give it a go? As this issue seems quite wired and we didn't receive this kind of feedback before.

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-19 00:32:46

@Kevin_Z 

The firmware has been updated and reset to factory defaults and reconfigured. It's still turning on during the night or early morning!

Options
2020-08-19 02:48:28

@annalisa0 

Hello,

This issue seems quite weird, please confirm below and we will check if there is a hardware issue with your device:

1. Does this issue occurs randomly or you can reproduce it every time by manually switching the wifi off on the router?

2. When the wifi turns on automatically, please check if the SSID is broadcasting and you can connect to it.

3. Please turn the wifi off again and if it automatically turns on again, please log into the web interface and send us the system log, we will investigate further. BTW, please ensure the system time is correct. If not, correct it first: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1547/.

Any updates, let us know. Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 596

Replies: 5

Related Articles