Please update the router Archer C6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-29 18:41:20
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20191112 rel.36515(5553)

There's are so many things wrong with this version so please update it.

stuttering in download speed so much.

Playing games has so much packet loss.

Router doesn't have good range even with 4 Antennas even in the radius of a few meters only.

When setting Wireless mode to Auto doesn't communicate properly with my wifi adapter.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Please update the router Archer C6
2020-07-31 08:14:12

@shaheerahm 

Hello,

May I know the region version of your C6 V2? Is it an EU version or US version? If it is an EU version, you may go to the global official website to download the latest firmware and update:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-c6/#Firmware

May it helps.

Options
2020-08-02 13:55:51

@Kevin_Z It's US version.

Options
2020-08-03 03:43:08

@shaheerahm 

Hello, sorry that we don't have a beta firmware for the C6(US) V2 yet, please help confirm the below details and we will try to help you out.

1. What is the exact issue now, is the 2.4G wireless still unstable/high ping/packet loss or 5G or all 2.4G/5G/Wired connections are having issues?

2. Are all wireless devices or both wired and wireless devices experiencing the same dropout/high ping/packet loss or just some special or old clients? When they got disconnected, is the wireless network of the Archer C6 still broadcasting or the wireless network is no longer available on all other devices as well?

3. If only the 2.4G wireless or 5G is not stable, try to modify the wireless settings on the Archer C6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width, which would help in some cases:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

Thanks again for your time and patience.

Options
2020-08-04 10:21:37

@Kevin_Z 

1. What is the exact issue now, is the 2.4G wireless still unstable/high ping/packet loss or 5G or all 2.4G/5G/Wired connections are having issues?

2.4Ghz/5Ghz/Wired Connections are unstable with my ISP provided 16Mbps connect and It can't manage to have a stable speed because it constantly goes up and down after few seconds. Wired Connection have less but Both Wireless Connections have significantly high packet loss also same thing with the ping.

2. Are all wireless devices or both wired and wireless devices experiencing the same dropout/high ping/packet loss or just some special or old clients? When they got disconnected, is the wireless network of the Archer C6 still broadcasting or the wireless network is no longer available on all other devices as well?

Wired has less dropout/ping/packet loss but Wireless has high dropout/ping/packet loss. If any of the device losses connection Archer C6 still broadcasting and have connection to internet.

3. If only the 2.4G wireless or 5G is not stable, try to modify the wireless settings on the Archer C6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width, which would help in some cases:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

Tried all those options but it doesn't change or improve anything. 

Options
2020-08-05 01:24:59

@shaheerahm 

May I know how many devices are connected to this Archer C6 and the high ping issue happens when you play games or watch videos online or just browsing the websites?

What if you connect your PC directly to your ISP modem, will the speed always stable? Try to connect the same PC to the C6 then, compare the speed. If this is always stable, then test with only one laptop to the C6 2.4G/5G and monitor the result.

If the speed is normal when only one device is connected to the 2.4G/5G but with high ping or latency when you connect several laptops or phones, there might be too much load or traffic in your network which may cause this high ping or latency, try to reduce such kind of device or traffic to confirm.

BTW, have you tried to reset the C6 to its factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch? If not yet, please give it a go and monitor again.

Good day.

Options
2020-08-05 03:52:52

@Kevin_Z 

May I know how many devices are connected to this Archer C6 and the high ping issue happens when you play games or watch videos online or just browsing the websites?

• Most devices that connect to the router are 6-8 but at the time of gaming only 2-3 devices are connect 1 of them being the PC and other 2 phones which only use whatsapp and very lite browsing.

• I face relatively high ping regardless of how many devices are connected to the router when I'm playing a game. Even with only 1 device connected to the router I get unstable/high ping/packet loss.

What if you connect your PC directly to your ISP modem, will the speed always stable? Try to connect the same PC to the C6 then, compare the speed. If this is always stable, then test with only one laptop to the C6 2.4G/5G and monitor the result.

• I tried it yesterday for more than half and hour with direct connection to ISP Modem I was getting my full ISP provided Speed and it was very stable speed/ low ping/ no packet loss but through C6 LAN it's same as Wireless Connections not getting my full speed/ high ping/ packet loss.
  •  
  • I tried the game with direct connection to ISP modem I was getting stable speed/ stable low ping/ no packet loss.

If the speed is normal when only one device is connected to the 2.4G/5G but with high ping or latency when you connect several laptops or phones, there might be too much load or traffic in your network which may cause this high ping or latency, try to reduce such kind of device or traffic to confirm.

• Even with only 1 device I'm getting low/unstable speed and high ping with 2.4G/5G.

BTW, have you tried to reset the C6 to its factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch? If not yet, please give it a go and monitor again.

Yes, several times.

Good day.

Options
2020-08-06 09:58:30

@shaheerahm 

Hi, thanks for the details and we will contact you personally via email, please kindly check your email box and respond, out engineers will help you out.

Good day.

Options
2021-08-17 10:42:09

@shaheerahm 

if you are unable to use your WhatsApp on your home network then try this GBWhatsApp to fix this issue.

Options
2021-10-03 11:30:35

harrycallum wrote

@shaheerahm 

if you are unable to use your WhatsApp on your home network then try this GBWhatsApp to fix this issue.

if this application work's perfectly with home network then I will definitely try it.

Options