Internet speed issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internet speed issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Internet speed issues
Internet speed issues
2020-07-30 18:55:38
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hi guys

i recently purchased the dec m4 mesh system which came with 3 units.

i am in Canada so we are with bell and i have a gigabit internet source coming from bell.

The main deco unit sits literally right next to the modem provided by bell and then i have one in the room directly above the modem and one also on the second floor but 2 rooms down.

It is a 3k square foot house.

the question i had was around the speed i am getting when i connect to the deco mesh wifi network. My Bell modem is still broadcasting its 5Ghz and 2.4ghz and if i connect to the direct 5ghz network from bell i am getting between 250-350mbs speed

but when I connect directly to the Deco mesh network (i understand it some how merges the two networks into one) i get like 25-30mbs only.

Can i get some guidance on what I maybe doing wrong and how best to configure?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet speed issues
2020-08-03 10:47:19

@Hammer911 

Hello, sorry about that. We will get some details to do further analysis and try to fix it. 

1. So the current network layout is like below? Correct me if it's not:

Bell modem---main Deco (Router mode))))(((2nd Deco on the 1st floor (above the modem))))(((3rd Deco on the 2nd floor

2. Only leave the main Deco on and unplug the other two Deco units, with your computer or phone connected to the main Deco 5G directly, please verify the actual speed you can get via speedtest.net. Also, please confirm the wireless link speed as the instruction below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/
Note: Please show us a screenshot of the speed test result.

Additionally, please refer to the below troubleshooting to check the QoS settings on the Deco app again:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2429/#case%201  (Case 1)

After that, please run the speed test again and check whether it improves.

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 1

Related Articles