Speed issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Speed issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Speed issues
Speed issues
2021-07-23 19:10:43
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all. I've been having nonstop problems with my deco system for about 10 weeks now. The speed near the main router is 190 (we are on a 200 line) but if I go to the other side of the house where the other decos are set up, I barely scratch 6mbps. I've turned off fast roaming, tried the 5ghz network, nothing works. I was chatting to the tplink support and even he had no idea what to do after exhausting everything for 45 minutes, we came up with no long term solution. We ended up On TeamViewer where I emailed him a log from the routers and he said he would get back to me when he figured it out but no word yet. The short term solution is to reset the deco and re pair it with the app. It will work running about 140mbps for Maybe a day before needing to reset again. The decos are all maybe 10m at most away from one another throughout the house. Any suggestions? Firmware and software all fully up to date.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Speed issues
2021-07-26 09:39:17

@Taye 

Hi,

Did you get any feedback from the local team yet?

And how long have you had the Deco M4?

Have you tried to switch a different Deco as the main Deco to see whether it is always the satellite unit that has the slow speed?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 183

Replies: 1

Related Articles