I have a doubt about my router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-31 14:30:22 - last edited 2020-08-03 06:45:47
Model: TL-WR845N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I want to know how many devices can my TP-Link router (TL-WR845N) connect maximum as i had heard that there's a limit of maximum 5 devices?

If so how can i increase it? If possible......

Any suggestion /Reply will be appriciated

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:I have a doubt about my router-Solution
2020-08-03 06:45:43 - last edited 2020-08-03 06:45:47

@Nikhil_Kaintura 

Hello,

Basically, the number of available clients depends on the hardware specification, the router’s wireless standard, and other environmental factors like subscription bandwidth, physical obstruction, and signal interference. For a single band router, like WR845N, the recommended clients are 20~25.

In a real scenario, the router performance degrades as more devices join the network and use it simultaneously, especially a handful of active devices streaming video or downloading files can quickly max out a shared internet link, which may cause the other clients disconnected from the internet.

May it helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:I have a doubt about my router-Solution
2020-08-03 06:45:43 - last edited 2020-08-03 06:45:47

@Nikhil_Kaintura 

Hello,

Basically, the number of available clients depends on the hardware specification, the router’s wireless standard, and other environmental factors like subscription bandwidth, physical obstruction, and signal interference. For a single band router, like WR845N, the recommended clients are 20~25.

In a real scenario, the router performance degrades as more devices join the network and use it simultaneously, especially a handful of active devices streaming video or downloading files can quickly max out a shared internet link, which may cause the other clients disconnected from the internet.

May it helps.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 1

Related Articles