5gzh Wifi band not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-31 16:33:44
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0070.0 Build 170719 Rel.63031n

Hi,

As per the title.

I have just installed the Archer VR-400 at home, to improve over my Sky Q Hub

As per the below, the system seems stable and settled.

However, I am having huge problems with the 5ghz band. One of the following is happening:

• I cannot see the network despite being relatively close to the router (around 3m away) - I also have the TP-Link TL-WPA4220T plugged in which is supposed to be boosting the signal
  • I can see the network but I get an error when connecting (either 'wrong password' or 'connection error')

I have tried playing with the settings and can get wireless devices to see the network when using only a 40hz Channel Width, but I understand this may limit the functionality of the connection. 

The 2.4gzh signal seems very stable and I have been able to connect a number of smart devices (SONOS, smart lights etc) without any issues.

Can someone confirm whether using a 40hz width will throttle DL speed on wireless devices? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:5gzh Wifi band not working
2020-08-01 14:27:30 - last edited 2020-08-07 00:57:38

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 428

Replies: 1