Timeout problem with cable connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-31 21:55:40 - last edited 2020-08-03 07:49:45
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.0.0 Build 160726 Rel.05984

My router model is TD-W8151 but it was not on the list and I had to choose another model

My problem is that when I try to access the modem settings page using the LAN cable, I get a timeout error, and when I check the IP of the modem settings on the back of the modem with CMD, it shows the timeout again.

The firewall was off

I reset
I tested with two different computers and laptops

I restarted

I tested with two different cables
I also tested in DHCP and manual mode

My router has only one LAN port

When I take the ping test, I will receive 10 tiemd out after than 2 reply

So since there are several reply, I think the problem is from hardware

And since I bought the modem recnetly (I have been using it for almost two years) and also its LAN port has been used two or three times. I do not know if the router is defective, but the results show that the problem is with the router and not with the cable and network card of the computer and Windows

I want to update the firmware, it may work, but since there is no cable connection and it can not be updated wirelessly, is there another way?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Timeout problem with cable connection-Solution
2020-08-03 07:48:56 - last edited 2020-08-03 07:49:45

@dk20 

Hello!

For your case, please refer to the following suggestion

1. Still  enable the DHCP on the computer, then go to CMD and check the IP address here;
  2. Then please try to ping the gateway, normally, it should be 19168.1.1
  3. By the way, how long did you have the DSL modem router, and can you still get the internet from the modem now?

Thank you!

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Timeout problem with cable connection-Solution
2020-08-03 07:48:56 - last edited 2020-08-03 07:49:45

@dk20 

Hello!

For your case, please refer to the following suggestion

1. Still  enable the DHCP on the computer, then go to CMD and check the IP address here;
  2. Then please try to ping the gateway, normally, it should be 19168.1.1
  3. By the way, how long did you have the DSL modem router, and can you still get the internet from the modem now?

Thank you!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Timeout problem with cable connection
2020-08-03 14:13:29

@Sunshine my gateway is 192.168.1.1, as i said when i go to this address via cable i get timeout but works with wifi connection properly!

and yes with wifi connection i have access both of internet and router settings page but with cable connection not!

Options
2020-08-03 14:24:11

@Sunshine i use this modem for 2 years and only with its wireless connection not cable, In fact, I wanted to update the modem operating system, and since you said use the cable to update, I also preferred to use the cable, but it was then that I realized that the cable connection did not work. When I connect to the modem with a cable, I disable all virtual adapters, including VPNs, but in the end it still does not work, the Identify step is skipped and finally the modem name is displayed, the computer can get ip from DHCP well, but Gateway No ping response was seen! Of course, a few reply are received and it is immediately timed again.

Options
2020-08-03 14:26:51

@Sunshine I tested it with another computer and cable and the result did not change, so I want to update the modem firmware. Maybe there is a problem with the firmware, since there is a problem with the cable connection and updating with Wi-Fi is not possible. Is there another way?

Options
2020-08-04 00:43:55

@dk20 

Hi,

Did you get internet service on the wired LAN connection from the modem if it failed to log in?

Since you mentioned firmware upgrade, it is also ok via wireless connection and the cable connection is more recommended when you have a wired device.

But when I checked for the TD-W8151N, I could only see TD-W8151N_V3_160118, so there is no V5, or Build 160726, so can you please double check the firmware and hardware version, or can I have a picture of that?

By the way, have you tried to manually configure the IP properties such as:

Moreover, where are you located?

Thank you~

Options
2020-08-04 20:31:17

@Sunshine no, I don't have access to both of internet and settings page, timeout for gateway that wrote behind modem and also ipconfig commands shows same, as I said in first message I tested manual ip configuration and DHCP / I tested other modem with same cable and computer I get reply from gateway and works properly, since 1- other modems was successful and 2- there is several reply from TD-W8151N so it's mean the problem doesn't from Computer or it's OS

And wireless update didn't work ,after I pressed upgrade button modem was unavailable for several minutes and after than modme was restarted (everything was like normal firmware updating) but after modem started i checked firmware version and it didn't change

File:
Screenshot_2020-08-05_004550.jpgDownload
Options
2020-08-04 20:35:29 - last edited 2020-08-04 20:36:03

@Sunshine Iran, and check this https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/td-w8151n/#Firmware

Options
2020-08-14 03:25:53
Good day. Thank you very much for your detailed information. How long did you have the device? If it is under warranty, I think it's time for you to ask for warranty from the local shop.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3563

Replies: 8

Related Articles