Impact of mixing different Deco models

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-02 23:21:58 - last edited 2020-08-03 09:12:37

Hi guys, I have 3 decos M5 operating in my house and I want to extend the signal to another part of the house.

Since is not so important to have the wifi there, I thought about buying cheap decos to cover the area, like the E3 or E4.

What do you think of that? Does that have any impact on the M5 part of the network? Any opinions?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Impact of mixing different Deco models-Solution
2020-08-03 09:12:33 - last edited 2020-08-03 09:12:37

@leonardomrc 

Hello,

You can add the Deco E4 or E3 into the same mesh network as the existing M5 network and remember to choose the M5 as the main Deco and connect it to the modem/gateway.

For more details when adding different models into the same mesh network, please refer to the below link:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2248/

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Impact of mixing different Deco models-Solution
2020-08-03 09:12:33 - last edited 2020-08-03 09:12:37

@leonardomrc 

Hello,

You can add the Deco E4 or E3 into the same mesh network as the existing M5 network and remember to choose the M5 as the main Deco and connect it to the modem/gateway.

For more details when adding different models into the same mesh network, please refer to the below link:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2248/

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1131

Replies: 1

Related Articles