Teardown and Release is causing my router to lose connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Teardown and Release is causing my router to lose connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:Teardown and Release is causing my router to lose connection
2020-10-14 05:54:06

@DKChi 

Hi, if you are also encountering the same Teardown and Release issue on your Archer A9, please help verify below detailed info as well, we will try to figure it out:

1. What is the hardware version of the A9, and how about the current firmware version? Ensure it is the latest on the local official website:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-a9/#Firmware

2. What is the model number of your modem? Please ensure your modem has a stable connection before we troubleshoot with the Archer A9.

3. Kindly share with us some system log on your A9.

Thanks a lot~

Options
2020-12-09 04:48:41

@Kevin_Z I have had the same problem with my A7. not only did I have a remote debug call with your engineers for 3+ hours, they also sent me a replacement unit (at my expense shipping). This still did not solve the problem. Please escalate this up your management chain because frankly, this is an absolute disgrace.  

Options
2020-12-09 07:16:28

@rscally 

Hello, sorry to hear that the issue persists on the replacement unit.

May I know who is your ISP, and what is the current firmware version of your A7?

Options
Re:Teardown and Release is causing my router to lose connection-Solution
2021-07-20 03:09:36 - last edited 2021-07-20 03:09:47

Hello, as we can confirm that the "Teardown and Release" issue should have been addressed already, and it is suggested to upgrade your router firmware to the latest official version, then confirm.

Download link for the latest firmware:

Archer A7_V5: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-a7/#Firmware

Archer C7_V5: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c7/#Firmware

If any of you still encounters the "Teardown and Release" issue, please confirm some basic information as below:

1. Who is your ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the A7/C7, Dynamic IP or PPPoE?

2. Check and ensure the internet line or ISP modem is stable, bypassing the TP-Link router. Connect the PC directly to the ISP modem (or internet cable from wall), test and monitor the internet connectivity, ensure you have a stable connection. Check this guide for more suggestions: [Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-11-18 17:11:40

@Kevin_Z 
Hi!

Expiriencing issue discribed in the original post. First time issue appear around a week ago. Since then updated firmware to latest version. Please suggest a solution. During the last week network connection fails several dozen times a day which is critical for a remote work conditions.
Device information:

Systemlog content as proof:

Thanks!

Best regards,
Aleph_Naughty

Options
2021-11-19 01:13:58

@Aleph_Naugthy 

Hello, thanks for bringing this up again.

May I have the name of your ISP and the brand & model of the modem device? Please check and ensure you got a stable connection by connecting a computer directly to the ISP modem, do monitor for some time. 

If the modem is confirmed to be stable, please then send us the whole system log on the Archer C7, do include those before and after the disconnect, don't reboot the router, you can simply login to its web GUI to disconnect then reconnect if the internet doesn't recover autimatically.

Options
2021-12-30 20:21:57

@Kevin_Z 

Happens with Archer C6 as well. If you fixed this already for some models before, why not for all models? If your software isnt complete mess it should not be that hard.

Options
2022-01-04 09:19:01

@lsrom 

Hello, be sure you've read my first and second post, then reply with some basic information, such as your ISP name and the whole System log on the Archer C6, which will help the engineering team to analyze, thank you.

Options