Router loses connection to internet (Teardown and release)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-20 00:28:13 - last edited 2021-07-15 03:21:49
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20200220 rel.33197(5553)

Hello. So the past few days I started randomly getting connection drops so I decided to check my router logs and noticed that whenever the outages occurred, "tear down and release" is the first thing to show up.  Specifically it says,"[7029] teardown and release " and right above it at the same time I also see "[7029] send dhcp release ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx". The "dhcp ip release" log has a warning label which makes me nervous. I found these forums from this post when searching about this issue: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/216024

I have the same hardware and same issue but there was no solution posted. Unlike that poster, I'm hesitant to put my logs up exposing my ip unless In missing something. Anyways any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router loses connection to internet (Teardown and release)-Solution
2021-07-15 03:21:44 - last edited 2021-07-20 03:17:40

@everclear 

Hello, as we can confirm that the "Teardown and Release" issue should have been addressed already, and it is suggested to upgrade your router firmware to the latest official version, then confirm.

Download link for the latest firmware:

Archer A7_V5: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-a7/#Firmware

Archer C7_V5: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c7/#Firmware

If any of you still encounters the "Teardown and Release" issue, please confirm some basic information as below:

1. Who is your ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the A7/C7, Dynamic IP or PPPoE?

2. Check and ensure the internet line or ISP modem is stable, bypassing the TP-Link router. Connect the PC directly to the ISP modem (or internet cable from wall), test and monitor the internet connectivity, ensure you have a stable connection. Check this guide for more suggestions: [Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet.

Recommended Solution
Options
19 Reply
Re:Router loses connection to internet (Teardown and release)
2020-07-20 01:02:50

@Murkyforce 

Hello, thanks for bringing this up.

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-09-30 16:00:43

Hi 

I have the exactly the same problem

It was working fine - I had a new Archer V6 Router V2. I upgraded to 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591 and ever since exactly every 8 mins and 8 sec later I see a normal log of tear down and  release  log , followed by  warning of  "Send dhcp release ip x.y.z.a". My internet disconnects for 5-10 secs and come back 

Since it is every 8min8sec every time, i am wondering the cause.

1. I have tried the options suggested in other links  viz, cloning the mac address, nat-boost disable, changing dns to 8.8.8.8 ( currently its ISP provided one) -without any success

2. I am about to reverse to previous version but looking at the this message wonder how it could solve. 

3. Wonder if factory reset would help - as this router is only 2 months old and this is first upgrade I did ( or any config change I did ) 

My ISP visited and confirmed that there is no issue on his side. 

Please help 

Options
2020-09-30 18:34:04 - last edited 2020-10-01 00:09:05

@Sathish_in 

Judging by your statement :

"It was working fine - I had a new Archer V6 Router V2. I upgraded to 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591 and ever since ..."

and "... as this router is only 2 months old and this is first upgrade I did ( or any config change I did ) "

is logical to try :

"2. I am about to reverse to previous version but looking at the this message wonder how it could solve. "

Here's how you can do that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-10-01 15:42:16

@Ivaylo 

Thanks, but when i tried to revert to earlier version it shows "Invalid File type " during upgrade. Ofcourse I unziped the file 

I downloaded the file from  https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/download/archer-c6/v2/#Firmware

I tried different versions - but the result is same. Any thread that you can point to ? 

Btw, I tried, factory reset, dns change... Wondering how there be no solution to this ? 

Where can I see a configuration of 490 sec ( exactly the teardown and dhcp happens ) 

Regards

Sathish

Options
2020-10-02 16:01:40

@Ivaylo 

Hi

1. I downgraded to 1.3.4, 1.3.1(Beta), 1.3.0. successfully.. The issue still persists. Every 8 min, 8 sec tthere is drop in the network for 5s.

a. I downloaded from other static.tp-link sites, not from the download link from from my country ( In) - which doesn't work - Gives 'invalid file type". I hope this doesn't invalidate my warranty ( I did eu version - as in my product box ) 

2. After each of the downgrade did a factory reset - still no fix

( All the firmware update was done from web interface of tplink, and confirmed post flash that the version reflects ) 

I don't know when this bug was introduced,  1.3.0 release notes says it had fixed the intermittent router disconnect but it doesn't look like

Can anyone please help ?  My previous Datalink router doesn't give this issue. All the results are measured by ping-plotter.

1. How to find out which version can fix my issue ? 

a. Is there anyway to find out which firmware version ( and corresponding file location ) came with my product purchase ? 

2. Any one can point to version 1.2.1 location  ( for EU  & V2 )  - which some people say its very stable  

a. can you confirm if i can downgrade from 1.3.0 - cause the release notes says I can't 

Archer C6, V2

Thanks

Sathish 

Options
2020-10-02 23:45:50 - last edited 2020-10-03 00:39:04

@Sathish_in 

Try this link for v1.2.1 or this link for v1.0.1.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-12-09 04:43:02

@Sathish_in did you ever get this fixed for you? 

I have had the same problem the entire time I've owned my Archer A7. I even had their remote tech support try a bunch of different things on my router via a remote screen share debugging session for about three hours. Even they couldn't figure it out. 

I'm wondering what ISP you have? Maybe it's some weird compatibility issue? 

Options
2020-12-09 16:21:47
I gave up after trying many hours with their support, trying with different ISPs I conclude, tp-link service centre working hours are designed discourage people visiting ( only 4 hour on Mon, wed and Fri) ! Their Phone support is useless and frustating The firmware is too bugy. But the device seems to be working well. I have switched to Openwrt risking warranty annulment;
Options
2021-07-14 14:30:56

@Murkyforce Exactly the same problem with RCN to my TP-Link AC1700/Archer A7. Any resolution on this?

Options
Re:Router loses connection to internet (Teardown and release)-Solution
2021-07-15 03:21:44 - last edited 2021-07-20 03:17:40

@everclear 

Hello, as we can confirm that the "Teardown and Release" issue should have been addressed already, and it is suggested to upgrade your router firmware to the latest official version, then confirm.

Download link for the latest firmware:

Archer A7_V5: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-a7/#Firmware

Archer C7_V5: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c7/#Firmware

If any of you still encounters the "Teardown and Release" issue, please confirm some basic information as below:

1. Who is your ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the A7/C7, Dynamic IP or PPPoE?

2. Check and ensure the internet line or ISP modem is stable, bypassing the TP-Link router. Connect the PC directly to the ISP modem (or internet cable from wall), test and monitor the internet connectivity, ensure you have a stable connection. Check this guide for more suggestions: [Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet.

Recommended Solution
Options